The Watchtower's Latest Stupid Annoucement

by metatron 14 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

As many of you are now aware, the Watchtower Society is presently triggering official

disfellowshippings by announcing that 'so and so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses'.

Thereafter, friendships and real family ties with the individual are to be immediately severed.

What gets ignored in this eagerness to shun is what the Apostle Paul actually said about the

matter. 1 Cor. 5:9-11

"In my letter I wrote you to quit mixing in company with fornicators, not meaning entirely

with the fornicators of this world or the greedy persons and extortioners or idolaters.

Otherwise, you would actually have to get out of the world. But now I am writing you to

quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy

person or an idolater..... not even eating with such a man."

The Society wants all to know that the person disfellowshipped is no longer a brother

(or sister). I suppose the person could then tell all their friends that they aren't a Witness

anymore leaving no person on earth left to call them a "brother".

The Society, in its endless zeal to 'punish', is not likely to admit anything about

what the Bible says on the matter. The Watchtower leadership is too

deeply involved in greedy control of others lives to concede such things. It benefits

their greedy purpose to refuse to admit that the person is simply 'of the world'

and not to be treated as "an enemy" 2 Thess.3:15

metatron

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Well they are very blinded and don't follow the Bible on a lot of things. If they were really interested in people's spiritual welfare, they would openly welcome everyone to the KH--not just their little clones.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Peter in his zeal was crucified head down, yet was vain as to eating with gentiles, yet was an agent in Ananias and Sapphira's death. What about, "we all sin and fall short of the glory of God?" HUH? Is the GB more infallible than the pope(s)? Hey Brooklyn, you're full of crap and one day everyone will see that the GB are molesters, fornicators, liars, thieves, and elitists. "They won't go when I go!" (Stevie Wonder)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My take on 1 Cor chapter 5 is that Paul was encouraging those who held 'house churches' in their homes to prevent those who were 'actively' sinning from attending meetings and fellowship within that house, since communal meals were eaten there as part of the custom. Once the individual showed a return to Christian lifestyle such would not apply any longer.

There certainly was no indication of a formal JC and announcments, time allotments for reinstatements, ect.

To me Paul was stating the essence of 1 Cor 15:33 - to avoid bad association, that it was not healthy to ones faith. Simple as that.

I cannot believe I bot into this legalistic approach for so long.

Jeff

• Scully
    Scully
    I am writing you to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater..... not even eating with such a man.

How many people have been DFd for reasons other than "fornication", "greed", or "idolatry"? What about disagreeing with something published in the WTS's literature? What about Bringing Reproach on the WTS Jehovah™ by reporting child molesters to the authorities when the elders threaten to charge them with "slandering" their brother?

Didn't the WTS itself commit spiritual fornication with the UN by registering as a NGO?

Didn't the WTS in its greed for land holdings in Mexico turn a blind eye to bribery of government officials (more fornication there?) while at the same time expected JWs in Malawi to endure the most vile torture and pillaging over 25¢ value identity cards issued by the government of Malawi?

Doesn't the WTS put itself in the salvation equation by requiring followers to put the doctrines of the WTS ahead of the teachings of Jesus? Is that not encouraging JWs to commit idolatry?

Who really deserves to be disfellowshipped? I believe in my heart of hearts that the WTS itself is the worst form of apostate because they corrupt the teachings of Jesus into something that would make Jesus ashamed of them.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I do believe that scully pretty well covered everything!

shelley

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Who really deserves to be disfellowshipped? ; I believe in my heart of hearts that the WTS itself is the worst form of apostate because they corrupt the teachings of Jesus into something that would make Jesus ashamed of them.

Right on, Sister!

Not long ago I had an elder in my LR. Trying to avoid the path to Df'ing for family reasons, I was avoiding most of what would lead there. But I kept alluding to Jesus words at John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life...." I guess to make him absolutely aware that there had been a 180 degree turn in my thinking. He looked at me and out of the blue said in essence "All this talk of Jesus - where does Jehovah come in then?"

I think. like Scully, that Christ would be ashamed of the WTS. Further, I think the WTS is ashamed of Jesus and don't even like the use of his name in prominence. Christianity? Sorry to break the thread direction.

Jeff

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Scully and Lawrence you both hit the nail on the head.

The WTS GB wears blinders. They are the worst offenders. They have set themselves up as judge and jury . how about that scripture in Matthew 7:1-5

7 "Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; 2 for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU. 3 Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye’; when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye.

I crossed referenced the scripture and this is what this bible text says.

(Romans 14:13) Therefore let us not be judging one another any longer, but rather make this YOUR decision, not to put before a brother a stumbling block or a cause for tripping.

Yes the WTS sees only what they want to see. and as for them being affliateds of the UN they are like the Harlot who sits on the wild beast and fornicates with the nations of the world and they can't see that they themselves are apostates in every sense of the word. They are the disgusting ones standing in a Holy Place. They are the most vicious liars and hypocrites and I say to them may God judge you as you have judged others.

Orangefatcat

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I believe in my heart of hearts that the WTS itself is the worst form of apostate because they corrupt the teachings of Jesus into something that would make Jesus ashamed of them.

You Rule!!!

That is the reason I DF'd the GB. They are apostates and condemn all of their followers to apostasy. I told a MS that last week and he had nothing to refute it with.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Very good point, met. I will keep that in mind if I get forcibly DAd after not associating for so many yrs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit