Current disfellowshipping practices- please help.

by amarantha 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Sorry, I've only read the last few posts on this thread so I may be OT.

So, apostates that die unrepentant apostates are in the second death right? But a guy like Korah gets eaten up in the fire of Joehobba for apostacy and he is in Sheol. Does this make sense to anyone?

Even in the latest WT it tell how the apostate Solomon will get a rez...

• blondie
    blondie

w82 4/1 p. 27 Survival or Destruction at the "Great Tribulation" ***
    Similarly, unrepentant apostates go, at death, not to Sheol, or Hades, but to Gehenna. (Hebrews 6:4-8; 2 Peter 2:1)

w91 4/15 p. 31 Beware of Apostates! ***
    The bad examples of Cain, Balaam, and Korah were followed by the ungodly men. They posed a spiritual threat comparable to rocks hidden below water and were like waterless clouds and dead, uprooted trees producing nothing beneficial. Those apostates were also murmurers, complainers, and ‘admirers of personalities for the sake of their own benefit.’

w65 2/1 p. 80 Part Two ***
    The Hebrew word Sheol (Greek LXX, Ha´des) occurs four times in the first book of the Bible, called Genesis and written by the prophet Moses. The next occurrences of Sheol are in the fourth book of the Bible, called Numbers, also written by Moses. Twice the word is there used, in connection with the households of the Israelites Korah, Dathan and Abiram. Those three men became rebellious against Jehovah, and so he used his prophet Moses to call down his judgment upon them. First the other Israelites were told to get away from the tabernacles of those three rebels and their households. Then Moses showed that the judgment would be from God by saying: "If it is something created that Jehovah will create, and the ground has to open its mouth and swallow up them and everything that belongs to them and they have to go down alive into Sheol [Ha´des], you will then know for certain that these men have treated Jehovah disrespectfully."—Num. 16:20-30.

This probably shows why the WTS had to clarify things this year at the convention that Korah went down to Sheol and will be resurrected.

I guess that means apostates don't go to Gehenna when they die.

BTW, can anyone find a quote in the WTS publications where they say the sin against the holy spirit is apostasy.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Welcome!

You would probably only be disfellowshipped if your current beliefs don't coincide with the WTS teachings and if you were unwilling to come back to the hall and be an active JW.

Also, if you committed or admitted to commiting any acts the current Elders considered against Jehovah - smoking, sexual immorality...etc.

I think the WTS is cleaning house again because we have had Elders coming after my husband fast and furious...he's been away 3 years and for over 10+ years before that.

Good luck in whatever you decide and also realize you aren't in this alone...what you choose to do effects the rest of your family if they are JW's.

WG

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

The fun starts IF they ask to see you. That seems to run in spurts...reports and rumors are around that amking contact with inactive people is a fair priority. Busy -body relatives or others who care to rat you out will accelerate the situation.

They will ask if you need help... then if you thing the WT and JW thing is true religion... then If they dont like what you have to say...your out.

~Hill

• Jourles
    Jourles

Sweet. If my parents ever speak to me again, I can comfort them with the hope that I will be resurrected and not be destroyed forever as they currently think. Oh, but this is on the condition that I die before the Big A........shouldn't be a problem seeing that it will never come in my lifetime.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    BTW, can anyone find a quote in the WTS publications where they say the sin against the holy spirit is apostasy.

Just checked the 'net and can't find any jw definition of sins against the holy spirit.

Here's one that defines what it's not:

What of a Child Molester?

What if a baptized adult Christian sexually molests a child? Is the sinner so wicked that Jehovah will never forgive him? Not necessarily so. Jesus said that 'blasphemy against the holy spirit' was unforgivable. And Paul said that there is no sacrifice for sins left for one who practices sin willfully despite knowing the truth. (Luke 12:10; Hebrews 10:26, 27) But nowhere does the Bible say that an adult Christian who sexually abuses a child—whether incestuously or otherwise—cannot be forgiven.http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/1997/1/1/article_01.htm

• amarantha
    amarantha

Why Georgia-

Doesn't surprise me that your husband is being hounded. A friend tells me that it has become a priority for every inactive person to be visited- I believe he said in the next year. As I am moving back into close proximity of my busy-body relatives I'm SURE the situation will be accelerated for me.

• amarantha
    amarantha

Hillbilly-

See my post above. You sound like this has happened to you? Now the question is, can I just keep my mouth shut, and refuse to see or speak to them? I've been very successful over the years at shutting down my parents when they bring up the subject. I've managed this long, and I've got more at stake now. I truly want my child to have a relationship with my family. Maybe just thinking about that will give me the incentive to keep my opinions to myself. At least the next time my dad brings up the subject- I'll know why.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What if a baptized adult Christian sexually molests a child? Is the sinner so wicked that Jehovah will never forgive him? Not necessarily so. Jesus said that 'blasphemy against the holy spirit' was unforgivable. And Paul said that there is no sacrifice for sins left for one who practices sin willfully despite knowing the truth. (Luke 12:10; Hebrews 10:26, 27) But nowhere does the Bible say that an adult Christian who sexually abuses a child—whether incestuously or otherwise—cannot be forgiven.http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/1997/1/1/article_01.htm

Does this mean that a person who commits a sin, knowing that it is a sin, has committed the "unfogivable sin"?

If so, then why is child molestation not an unforgivable sin?

• blondie
    blondie

Elsewhere, I gather it is because they sinned against a child who has no value in the WTS. Sinning against the WTS is equivalent to sinning against God whom they say only they represent on earth.

Sick, isn't it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit