Protecting the identity of child sexual offenders is WRONG!

by Dragonlady76 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I'm so pissed right now that I have to get this out.
    My friend and I took the kids out to the beach yesterday. She has a 3 year old little girl and a 10 year old step son. ( the step son was not there) Her husband has cheated on her several times in the last 4 years and she is considering leaving him but tells me she fears for her daughters safety in case of divorce, "why" I ask her, she then tells me that her step sons best friend T* (lives down the street from them) was raping his 5 year old sister!
    The parents walked in on this 11 year old boy with his 5 year old sister bent over and him raping her. The father of the little girl is not T*'s biological father, he proceeds to pull this boy off his little girl and a struggle ensues, the mother whom is both kids biological mother breaks it up, the boy is told the police will be contacted. The parents lock him in his room and they argue about what to do next, mean while T* climbs out the window and runs away because he was told they were going to tell the police what he had done to his little sister, the mother immediately goes to my friend I*'s house explains what happened & asks if her son is there. He wasn't there. They found him at another friends house. It turns out that T* had been raping his sister for several months and the little girl had tried to tell her mom that, she would tell her mom that brother T* "was mean to her" & that "he tricked her". Of course no one understood what she meant atm. T* was found guilty & sentenced to 28 days in Juvenile Hall, and the entire family must go through counseling, the boy cannot live under the same roof as the sister for a few months and he is never to be allowed unsupervised contact with his sister. T* had not been molested himself.
    The parents divorced and the father got full custody of his daughter.

My friend I* told me that she had taken the family along w/ her friends 9 yo daughter D* & the 11 yo T* to Port Charlotte just the week before, and they had spent the night there. She noticed that T* had taken interest in her friends daughter, that night the kids were alone in the family room before bed and T* asked D* to play "truth or dare" with him. My friend I* heard this walked in and told them they could not play that game, she got a funny feeling about the situation and removed D* from the room. That little girl must have had a guardian angel over her shoulder that night.
    The reason for my post is this.....We are both upset that he T* only got 28 days in Juvenile Hall AND that he will not be posted on the sexual offender website because he is a "minor" What kind of bullshit is that? This kid clearly knew he was doing something very wrong and it appears that he wanted to rape others. How can the law then protect this childs identity just because he's a minor? I feel that the law has a duty to protect the public safety and post him as a convicted sexual offender on the state website. That way parents will be alert and not allow their kids to be alone with him and thus prevent further opportunity for T* to re-offend. I would hate to be the man that starts dating T*s mother with kids of his own and not know about T*'s past, there for I would know to be "vigilant" and not place my children in possible harms way. We can't just place the responsibility on the mother and assume she will inform every other parent of his past. Sexual offenders of what ever age generally re-offend, they are not considered to ever become rehabilitated, thus I believe both child & adult convicted sexual offenders should be posted as such to protect the public

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I'n no lawyer by any means but I was under the impression that if the court can demonstarte that the minor know and understands the difference between right and wrong than there is a possibility that he can by chaged as an adult.

Is this true? Any takers?

steve

• avishai
    avishai
    The reason for my post is this.....We are both upset that he T* only got 28 days in Juvenile Hall AND that he will not be posted on the sexual offender website because he is a "minor" What kind of bullshit is that?

I'm not going to comment on putting him on a sex offender website or not.BUT!!!!!!

28 days in Juvie is nothing and not going to do anything.. He needs long term psychological counseling, out of his mothers house in a mental health facility/ group home, Perhaps as much as two years. Long term juvenile hall time, however is just going to get him victimized/give him others to victimize, and just be a punitive environment which would only increase his predatory behavior when he got out. Unless you locked him up for good.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

11 years old,,,,,,my gosh. I feel so sorry for that little girl and that family.

I wonder what in this boy's life turned him to doing that? My son is 10 and I can not imagine him doing something like that . I don't understand an 11 boy doing this,,,,,,,,,do you have more info on this boy?

Did the family get the little girl help with what she went thru, therapy? I can't even imagine how one would go about trying to help a five year old child.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    I wonder what in this boy's life turned him to doing that? My son is 10 and I can not imagine him doing something like that . I don't understand an 11 boy doing this,,,,,,,,,do you have more info on this boy

He comes from a good upper middle class family, he has had a very good & normal childhood, the parents were great with him and he had many friends and was well liked by all who met him, he seemed very well adjusted IMO.

DL76

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I for one disagree I think people can change. I don't think his name should go into an "offender" database. He has his whole life in front of him.

Its very possible that he could change and become a law -abbiding citizen. Dragon I know that you disagree..im not trying to start an arguement with you, but I have to be honest I have kids myself (girls), and if I had wittnessed something like this i would probably be sitting in prision for murder so I can understand why you would be so upset about it....

Is it possible that this boy witnessed his parents do this?

M'

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    I for one disagree I think people can change. I don't think his name should go into an "offender" database. He has his whole life in front of him.

Its very possible that he could change and become a law -abbiding citizen. Dragon I know that you disagree..im not trying to start an arguement with you, but I have to be honest I have kids myself (girls), and if I had wittnessed something like this i would probably be sitting in prision for murder so I can understand why you would be so upset about it....

Is it possible that this boy witnessed his parents do this?

They might be able to. BUT other kids deserve to be protected from him, that should trump anything else.

Yes, I hope this boy will go on to become a good law abiding citizen, but still, other kids need to be protected, think about it this way, if you were attending the kingdumb hall and their was a convicted sexual offender in that cong in attendance, minor or not, wouldn't you want to know? Don't your kids deserve your love and protection?

No this kid had great parents, no one understands why he did this. At first many thought he may have been molested and that he was just repeating the behavior, but this was not the case. It's just so sad, I feel really sorry for the parents and little girl.

DL76

DL76

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I feel really sorry for the parents and little girl.

Yep me too.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Make a sign and put it in their yard. Have it say something like: A child rapist lives here.

When they take it down, put another one up... then another one...

Maybe put a sign up on utility poles on the street that says: A child rapist lives at XXXX [Street Name].

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Ya know I worry about my kids so much,,,,,,,,you just never know who , even kids might molest them.

I always know where my kids are , who the parents are, if there are older boys in the home, etc. I even watch the girls my kids go visit , because like I said you just can't tell by the way things look on the outside how they are on the inside of someone's home.

A bunch of new kids have been down for the summer in our neighborhood and I won't let my kids walk in the woods to the tracks, or even go down the hwy to get snowcones alone. They think I am unfair, and" so and so's mom lets them and they are only 8". I tell them why, and they say they know not to let anything happen. But one day , they will understand, so I don't care if they think I am too strict and think the worst now.......it's all I can do to protect them.

I hope this boy, the 11 yr old can be put into a psyh ward and be tested,,,,,,,there is no telling what kind of mental illness he might have, what he has been watching on TV, videos , internet or even from someone abusing him. Not all abused children abuse other kids but I heard it happens sometimes. I just think this child must have had something terrible happen to him, because this was not only a kid wanting sex,,,,it was violent with an innocent. He needs help for sure, being a child maybe he can be helped.

My heart goes out to that little girl, I just don't know what I would do if it was my child....... I would feel the need to warn others as well. This is a very complicated sad story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit