"Snare and a racket", you gotta be kidding?

by Fatfreek 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Thanks to all for contributing to a learning thread for me. Those graphic pastes are great, the lists available on CD as well. I vaguely remember JW in the Divine Purpose book recounting some of it but that was 45 years ago and over time it becomes a blurr. This certainly freshened it up for me.

Again, what legal recourse could/would the society take if placards and loudspeakers appeared at their doorsteps? Or, should I ask, how close to their doorsteps would be considered acceptable?

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Those people back then were stupid, they were being used, and they didn't even know it!

--VM44

That's funny VM44 - Hey wait a minute, I didn't know I was being used by them either. OMG - HOW STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPID of me

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Again, what legal recourse could/would the society take if placards and loudspeakers appeared at their doorsteps? Or, should I ask, how close to their doorsteps would be considered acceptable?

We are going to find out real soon in Tennessee. Permits, permission from private landowners to use their property adjacent to KH's, etc. is in da works.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek
    We are going to find out real soon in Tennessee. Permits, permission from private landowners to use their property adjacent to KH's, etc. is in da works.

Hmmm ... very interesting Honesty. First I've heard, but I have been out of touch for a long time. I have a JW son near Knoxville. Where is that event "in the works"?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Makena1

BTW - I have a couple of those old phonographs in decent condition and a few dozen of da Judge's records. We are getting ready to move in a few months and I am unloading a lot of "stuff". Any idea what the phonographs are worth if anything?

Check out eBay. Those phonographs can go for a couple of hundred bucks apiece. I've seen some of the record go for $12.00 to $18.00.

HappyDad

• homejah
    homejah

There were other speakers on those records besides Rutherford. One of them was Grant Suiter also,some even had hymns being sung before Rutherford banned singing.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

My 2¢ worth, is, worldly™ people are too polite to say anything to overly religious people. They just give them a wide berth.

That B/W photograph of JW's marching around with "Judge" Rutherdford's picture plastered on it, appears totally nut-so.

The real truth is the average JW at that time wasn't even a high school graduate. Being a "Jehovah's Witness" and following a big mouth, abusive drunk like Rutherford, made them feel like they were in the right gang. It made them feel like they were somebody. They were told they were smarter than the Pope and every other religion because "they used God's name Jehovah". They believed every lie that was spoken, and fostered it onto the next generation and the next.

What a laugh "Judge" Rutherford and his JW mistress Bonnie Boyd must have had back at their place in San Diego, Beth Serim and also back at Brooklyn Bethel, whoring and drinking, and pointing their fingers hilariously at all the little obedient JW's, doing anything the "Judge" told them, God told him, what to tell "them" what to do.

Sick.

That there are STILL 7 ½ million JW's that listen to what Brooklyn tells them to do, is ghastly.

There is an unquestioning fool born every minute. The GB do NOT allow questions.

Does the Emperor have new clothes? Don't question. You do NOT question Dictators.

LoisLane

PS Religion is a snare and a racket? That was Rutherford's line. It takes one, to know one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit