Did you ever hear "Congratulations" from dubs. when you were expecting?

by sweet tee 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn
    My mom NEVER got me a gift for my son! I was so pissed.

I can't believe that! When I have grandkids I plan to shower them with gifts - spoil them rotten - feed them candy and send them home.

Noone congragulated me when I was pregnant with my son. But then again, I was unmarried, 19 years old, and got DF'd for it - I wonder if that had something to do with it? Oh well - good riddance to them. My son was one of the best things that ever came into my life. He's 19 now and I wouldn't trade one moment.

• moanzy
    moanzy

All my years of fertility doctors to get my girls, my sister told me "the society says....not in this system...." bla bla bla. She already had 2 kids. When you just want a baby I don't think anybody should make you feel like you are going against God.

My aunt and uncle decided to postpone having kids until the new system. They went to bethel and served for quite a few years and now would be unable to have kids. I wonder what they think of the societies new light--there probably won't be babies being born in the new system.

Moanzy

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

Dawn... I didn't understand it either! I know I already had 2 sons, but they were 4 and 6 when the youngest was born...She knew I didn't have any of their stuff anymore. She did a lot for me when I had my oldest, and sent me things overseas when I had my second.

It's 4 years later now, and I pregnant again...another boy. She's already asked me what I wanted and sent me a check so I can go buy it...they don't have any stores except Walmart where she lives, and they don't carry it.

I am not quite sure what happened that last time with her. Although, everytime she sees him now, she gets him things, but that's only been since she moved away. I was just really mad because I knew how much she spent on this JW mom, and I kept expecting her to give him something...anything!

I'm a big fan of celebrating EVERY baby, boy or girl, a year later or six years later, doesn't matter. I would never demand a shower or anything like that, but I think every baby deserves something new. My husband's family didn't send anything for him either, and that was his first baby. Maybe I just love baby shopping too much and like having an excuse to buy stuff. lol

I have a nice little stash of things for the new baby, and it keeps growing. I'm glad I don't think the Goodwill and Salvation Army are bad places anymore...I found some awesome little clothes that were brand new in those stores!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit