Did you ever hear "Congratulations" from dubs. when you were expecting?

by sweet tee 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

It still amazes me how lacking JW's are in social decorum. I had 4 children while in the b0rg and not once did anyone say congrats. to me or my husband. They really didn't say anything, just sort of nodded their heads. I heard one sis. say to another one time "better you than me" . That's the type of attitude that stems from the "woe to the pregnant woman and the one suckling a baby" during the great tribulation that was right around the d@#n corner all the time; and the 'do more, do more, do more' mentality.

When I had my first daughter the 'friends' didn't even throw me a baby shower or give me hand-me-downs! They knew our family was struggling and yet sat idly by, some even laughing at our situation. Fortunately my 'worldly' family all went in and bought a bunch of clothes for her.

Worldly people are much more loving, compassionate and sincere than those in so-called spiritual paradise.

• jula71
    jula71

I have to laugh.......I was even asked why we didn't wait for the "new system?"

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

When I was leaving Bethel to get married, the JWs gave me an envelope filled with information on different methods of birth control. The message definitely was do not have too many kids because that will distract from the preaching work.

Jeff Schwehm

www.catholicxjw.com

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No! I'll tell you what I did hear, though: "We're going to wait until Jehova brings in the new system of things "

Gee, thanks for trying to make me feel like shit at what is supposed to be one of his sacred blessings! And while I was home on maternity leave, nursing every 2 hours, I was reminded how important it was not to miss a freakin wt bible study in case the big A came through and destroyed my unbaptized azz!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my last pregnancy my super dub mother in law slapped me and pulled my hair and screeched like a banshee at my thoughtlessness in getting pregnant.

at the hall i was asked " what do you want another kid for?"

when in labor i hemoraged, was weak and in the hospital 5 days.. not one witness came to visit. family , only an aunt came by.

so much for my standing firm on blood... i wonder how many would have shown up if i HAD accepted blood?

• Scully
    Scully

Nope.

I was informed that anybody can get pregnant, in a very condescending tone, when we announced our first blessed event.

With the second, there were 3 or 4 other couples expecting at the same time, so because we already had a child and the others didn't, they got more attention.

With the third, an elder approached me and said "I guess it must have been an accident, because nobody would be stupid enough to plan to have a child so close to Armageddon."

@$$hole$.

• blondie
    blondie

You would think they would be happy because it is the only way the WTS is going to increase in numbers.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

My mother always says- "what kind of idiot wants to have kids in THIS system?"

Of course she says it with love, and respect for her fellow servants of god.

HA!

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Lonelysheep said: ?Gee, thanks for trying to make me feel like shit at what is supposed to be one of his sacred blessings! And while I was home on maternity leave, nursing every 2 hours, I was reminded how important it was not to miss a freakin wt bible study in case the big A came through and destroyed my unbaptized azz!

Yep ? put off living now in hopes that Armageddon will come and wisk all your troubles away ? still waiting aren?t we?

Candidlynuts: my last pregnancy my super dub mother in law slapped me and pulled my hair and screeched like a banshee at my thoughtlessness in getting pregnant.
    at the hall i was asked " what do you want another kid for?"

Cult mindset strikes at the very essence of happiness. If I had waited to have children only to have Armageddon NOT come I would be even more furious than I am now! Some women have a strong desire to raise a family. I am so happy to have my children ? I don?t know what I would do without them. They are truly God?s blessing.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    You would think they would be happy because it is the only way the WTS is going to increase in numbers.

blondie: hmmm ... this could be 'new light'. Imagine if every dub were required to have three children. What an increase!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit