So I'm at the meeting tonight.............

by JV 54 Replies latest jw friends

• JV
    JV

Thanks Tatiana, It's true, rap will be the downfall of civilization as we know it. Damn You Dr. Dre!!!! with you're smooth beats and dope hooks!!!! DAMN YOU!!! i've been around just haven't posted in awhile

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

You're mistaken, JV...it was that damned hard core Sugar Hill Gang.

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

LOL I am always amazed at what fascinates the dubs!

I wonder if my mom will start cooking more fish for dinner. It's been on the news for a few years that the omega oils in it are good for you and I think it holds off cancer, too. I guess they are too busy getting ready for the meetings to watch the evening news, though.

• JV
    JV

Either way i'm about as surburban white guy as you're going to get, i shop at the gap, drink starbucks and plan on buying a volkswagen so i'm pretty much immune to the effects of rap

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

you're more of a sub-bourbon white guy, huh? ;-)

yesss the awake. spiritual food at proper time. they used to ask me why i don't read it, i said i have a (national geographic-like mag) subscription that's got a lot more interesting stuff inside and much more beautiful pictures.

they always had this myth going on that the awake [observed] new trends and where the world was heading to A LOT EARLIER than they actually happen. i then always made it clear that they just compile their articles out of other articles and i can read those source articles for myself...

but that's bad attitude, i know. don't research, you don't have as much time and brains to research those things as the brooklyn bounce has. WTF?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

i remember being in a meeting in wales and the speaker told us that any music with a beat behind it could cause us to fall into a trance like state, so should be avoided. i still kept my cd's tho... wicked thing that i am...

• Sirona
    Sirona

JV,

LOL sounds about right to me. They hate people who are truly educated because it becomes blatantly obvious that the WTS doesn't stand up to any sort of critical scrutiny. Then they start spouting stuff about "wordly wisdom" and "independent thinking".

Sirona

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Education is the best tool to see the witnesses as... well.... tools. I couldn't tell you how many bizarre encounters like that I had over the years as a Dub. Makes you want to go pound your head against the wall.

• squinks
    squinks

JV,

feel free to blow off some steam!

Where else but in Jehovah's Organization can we learn so much? How about 4th grade!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Remember when we were told by Crooklyn that reading the pubications for 4 years would equal a college education - maybe basket weaving (maybe not), or furniture appreciation (but as a dub you can't appreciate anything). The Awake is a killer in Central & South America, it beats the comic books they gang read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit