What would you say?

by carla 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is true to say that the Bible Study that he has had so far will not have prepared him for the more complex issues, although they are fundamental to the faith and structure of the doctrines. I agree that a 'sincere questioning ' approach is more likely to succeed since the first thing they learn is to expect persecution from the family .

Different people react to different issues, I have seen that on this board. He evidently is unmoved by the human failings of the dubs, he will not be ready yet to discuss the U.N. scandal , so I would keep it simple..

My decider was when for the first time I really appreciated the horror of the Armageddon doctrine - although I had known it all my life. I would consider getting some publications together, or his own study book, and question how anybody can advocate the mass slaughter, genocide, of nine tenths of the worlds population, simply because they are not following the lead of the WTS? He may protest and rationalise on the matter , as many do, but you can see that this is what the Watchtower teaches .. Does he really believe inwardly that this is just?

At least that was the way that I was "unblinkered" ...Good luck.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Their main doctrine is salvation by works - ie. they must do this or that, or become this or that, if not then this - the whole religion is based on, "IF YOU....."

There's nothing he has to do, no thing at all - tell him though, and he may even laugh like Sarah did - he 's dealing with a devil - there's no need for it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit