Use of the word jah?

by carla 21 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

I have noticed on ex sites the use of the word jah in reference to jehovah. Is this just a slang used by ex's or do active also use it? If active members use it, doesn't it seem a bit disrespectful then? I mean, the continual repitition of how 'only we use the name' blah, blah... just wondering, carla

• love11
    love11

I don't think the witnesses use it, I could be wrong but I don't remember anyone saying it that way when I was in it.

• LMS-Chef
    LMS-Chef

I think they do. I remember hearing "Praise Jah you people". Maybe in a song or a scripture or something.

Michael

• Aaac
    Aaac

In their Branch reports, they use the abbreviation Jeh for Jehovah. I found it highly amazing.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Not sure but I use it as a slang-derogatory term.

DL76

• John Doe
    John Doe

I remember a song, something like "Praise Jah with me, our lord and king. Blah, blah blah blah blahhhh bla blah bla bla blahHHHHH." :-)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I remember many French JWs used to write "Jah" informally (in private mail, for instance) as an abbreviation of Jehovah (that was B4 txt) -- I guess they do the same now in e-mail -- but they would say "Jéhovah".

• Justin Matton
    Justin Matton

It's in lots of their songs.

On another note... singing those songs always made me wonder which ones were too dumb to make it into the book.

jah, jah, jah jah jah jah (to the tune of the Smurfs theme song)

• Ellie
    Ellie

I remeber once being at a JW get together, this elder got up to sing a song, you know 'I Did It My Way', I think its by Frank Sinatra.

Anyway, I was shocked when he substituted the words 'my way' for Yahwe (I'm sure I've spelt that wrong, you know, the other name that Jehovah sometimes goes by.

• love11
    love11

Just-in- that's too cute! I forgot about all of those songs. It seems like the only one that I remember is- "We're Jehovah's Witnesses, we speak out in fearlessness, ours is the god of true prophecy.. what he fortells comes to be.

Come on everybody! Sing along!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(whistles) hahahahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit