"Blessings", Are they real?

by Dismembered 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jula71
    jula71

I believe blessings are pretty much self-fulfilled. How many times have we heard, "if you are diligent in service you will be blessed"? How many of us, then, felt somewhat happy after service? Once a person is indoctrinated, in any religion, that planted though or perceived feeling will become a reality to that person.

<JULA of the "listened in Pysch class" class>

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    It is funny how "Blessings " are only seen as such when they happen to Jehovah's Witnesses. When the self same thing happens to somebody else, it is just 'one of those things'

yup

and when bad things happen its s.t.d but to others its their own fault born of their inability to put themselves in a position to be blessed

• Honesty
    Honesty

Blessings poured out on me while a JW? Never

Blessings poured out on me since I DF'd the WTBTS? Every day

One of the greatest blessings I have had? Breaking free from the mind control of the Governing Body of JW's

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Honesty,

So blessing = good fortune for you.

Dismembered

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Do JWs believe in blessings like healing etc.. do they use the laying on of hands or anything?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Qcmbr

Not at all.

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• jula71
    jula71

Qcmbr, JW's believe that Paul and the others did indeed heal. But, only because they did not have the whole Bible to aid them in the "ministry." We in modern times do, so we do not need to "perform signs" as proof as to the source of the message.

So instead we scare them into a "end of the world" scenario using a series of false dates. IMHO

• tweety
    tweety

You know come to think of it...I remember saying those dumb statements to people. "Jehovah will bless you if you go out in service, be whole souled in the organization....etc."

If there is such a thing as blessings...I've actually had more blessings since I left than when I was a JW!

Dee

• ljwtiamb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit