Gay Adoptive Parents

by target 13 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

In an IDEAL world their would not be the need for adoption since each couple would lovingly raise thier own children. However, IDEAL is just that.... a fantasy. So the reality of the situation is.... A.) Foster Care for them or B.) A lesbian couple that adopted them as a set to raise them.

From my experience with 3 gay couples, and 2 straight couples that have been thru the adoption process, it seems like they vet the gay couples even further and more throughly than the str8 couples. That is my experience, and not necessarily indicative of all adoptions.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Since mommy couldn't be their mother, and grandma didn't want to be their mother, I think it's providence that they ended up with two mothers who will love them!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I grew up in a JW house. My hubby still goes crazy from the fact that I do so much for them and they still treat me like a leper.... still just trying to get some unconditional love here I guess.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Just to make myself unpopular - I prefer seeing a male & a female raising a child/children.

I tend to agree with you but maybe it's my age. I don't have a problem with gays adopting or having their own children, at all though.

In a perfect world, children would be better off with a father and a mother. It's just an opinion, not an invitation for discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit