A Great WTS Article

by AshtonCA 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

It is interesting how people conclude that there is a trinity when the word does not appear in the new testament. Clearly people do not get it from reading the bible, they think they can put 1+1+1 and get a trinity . The doctrine itself is something that religion deemed orthodox a long time ago . What I think happens is people are influenced from an outside source to believe the trinity is what the bible is saying . In doing so they have to ignore alot of jesus testimony to the fact that he was doing the fathers will and not his own . The holy spirit itself is never referred to as God but Gods holy spirit . The WTBTS itself has alot of error so the problem is not with reading the bible it's with religion. IMO

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    staff is trained to help nurture and strengthen the flock instead of adding all kinds of crazy regulations to burden . The church is growing so fast that we have had to purchase a lot more property for expansion. The senior pastor's (that word is in a correct translation) message does not tickle our ears like the WT Study does. It hits our hearts hard but in a very kindly manner. We have all types of outreach ministries

Yet another "I found a good church" success story. I was amazed how thoroughly the Watchtower misled me about what churches are about. I attended an Easter service this year, the sermon sounded just like a Kingdom Hall talk. (No offense!) The pastor read from the Bible, encouraged the audience to read along, and the whole sermon was based on a chapter from Romans or 1st Corinth. or something. (Obviously it stuck about as well as a Kingdom Hall talk, too!)

I don't think I can honestly say I'm down on religion. It serves a good purpose, so long as it doesn't go to the extreme of controlling people's lives and basically using them up for its own ends. If religion exists for the people, that's good. If the people are simply tools of the religion, that's bad.

Dave

• upside/down
    upside/down
    It serves a good purpose, so long as it doesn't go to the extreme of controlling people's lives and basically using them up for its own ends. If religion exists for the people, that's good. If the people are simply tools of the religion, that's bad.

Dave Dave Dave... listen to yourself.

That IS religion. I know you're just being polite... and very PC... but that's ok my new religion allows me to forgive you. (lol)

u/d (of the be glad I didn't damn you to hell like Jesus would've class)

• heathen
    heathen

The problem with religion is that it always winds up with control . They expect people to pay for everything including lavish salaries for those in charge . Most religionists claim to have some sort of calling from God to preach but most are extremely erroneous in their doctrine .

• M.J.
    M.J.

Your mom says she believes she's "Born Again". Does she profess to be of the "Anointed"? If not, then she can't be, per WTS teaching. Whether or not her Arian polytheistic beliefs prevents this is not quite as clear cut.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    That IS religion. I know you're just being polite... and very PC... but that's ok my new religion allows me to forgive you. (lol)

What a joy to be among brothers! Thanks for not damning me to hell for eternity, though I understand I may be darned to heck until Tuesday...

Dave

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

M.J.,

She used to think she was anointed back when we were in the 'truth', but now that the rest of us take communion, it kind of null and voids the whole anointed thing for her. The thing is, since she found Jesus to be divine, she now sees him as a god, but not THE god, so that's why I say she's a polytheist (just like the mormons).

Ash

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Trinity - I have been reading this and other forums for at least six years and I still don't believe in the Trinity. I say it is in the Bible next to the word "Organization" and "Governing Body." I'm not saying I could never be convinced, but not likely. However, I agree that there are a lot of inconsistencies, and this subject is open to a lot of argumentation. Actually, for some reason, I don't care. There are so many other issues that interest me more and perhaps the reason I'm not convinced is because I haven't studied it enough. I spent years and years studying the JW viewpoint and that is a hard one for me to change. Another one I would find hard to change is hell fire.

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

"But I see it with my own 2 eyes and not because someone told me to see it. "

Mmmm...sorry but somehow I just don't believe that. How anyone can completely independently and objectively read the bible, free from any bias or influence from other interpretations, and yet see the doctrines of the trinity and immortal soul there is way beyond me.

In the end everyone is biased and tainted to some degree.

• trinity83
    trinity83

Ashton,

I'm so happy for you! So happy you found a church home. I also go to a Baptist church. Our stories are quite similar actually. Isn't such a difference at church rather than the kh. You can actually feel the Holy Spirit there when entering into worship.

Keep up the good fight...especially for your moms salvation!!

-Trinity83

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit