A Great WTS Article

by AshtonCA 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Hey all, I have been doing a lot of research on my own now that I'm no longer in contact with my mother. I can't believe how much she is still in the 'truth' even though she left 10 years ago. Everything that she has been "learning" over the last 10 years after our departure really isn't any different than it was when we were still in.

www.carm.org has a really good quote from a Watchtower that really clinched it for me as far as my beliefs about the Trinity and Hell and basically all "pagan" doctrines that are definitely found in the bible. Did you guys know that the governing body knows these teachings are in the bible, but they don't want their followers to know it, so they told them not to read the bible alone without their bible companions because they knew that if we went off and read the bible alone we'd learn what the bible taught, which was the "pagan" doctrines???? I always wondered why they didn't want us to study on our own, now I know! I am shocked that they know that the bible does teach the Trinity, Hell and so forth, but that they would keep us from knowing Jesus and being saved!

Over the last 2 weeks I have discovered the "truth" about the Trinity and I am now a believer! This has been very hard for me as my Mom who has been my main source my entire life for my beliefs cut me off and is shunning me, so I have had to go off on my own, and it is amazing how much I have learned in only a few weeks.

I also went and did something that she will definitely never speak to me ever again for, and that is, I joined a Baptist church and we go twice a week now. Hubby, my fence sitter, is really enjoying going. They are studying cults on Wednesday nights! I know I was meant to join this Church. My son loves it and the baby loves sleeping through it lol.

I also have discovered that my mom thinks she's a born again Christian and is saved, but she doesn't believe in the Trinity. She is actually Polytheistic. She believes that Jesus is a god, but I don't think she believes that the Holy Spirit is a god. If I told her about what the WTS knew about the bible, she'd flip her lid, I don't think she could handle the Trinity.

I have to tell you, I am furious that the WTS knew and has known all along that the bible teaches the Trinity and such and that they have kept it from their followers so that they could teach what they wanted and not have to teach the truth! I am mad because I thought for the last 10 years I knew Jesus and that I was saved! Well guess what? I wasn't! I am now, though!

I can honestly say I am FREE!!!! I no longer have any ties to the org. All of my beliefs have changed and I now know what it means to be a Christian. I am still struggling to not let my mind revert back to the JW teachings, but I'm free from the chains that I thought I was free from 10 years ago! I wish my mom and family could be really free too! I am going to talk to my oldest brother and see what he says about this new discovery of mine.

Here is the quote I am referring to:

• upside/down
    upside/down

Beware.... I think your trading task masters.

Can you really say you arrive at those doctines "on your own", or is it merely the pretense of individual study, when in actuality you study with a view toward these doctrines. According to Christ's teaching (which is the essence of an Un-religion) almost everything in organized religion stands in contrast to what he taught... therefore religion itself is the problem.

Jesus appealed to INDIVIDUALS, org. rel. hates this (and terms it "independent" thinking) as then they are out of their cushy jobs.

I for my part cannot say I'd arrive at any of the conclusions you claim to ON MY OWN with just a Bible.Far from it!!!

I don't understand the preoccupation with having to fiind a set system of beliefs in the first place. What's better a "good" Pagan or a "bad" Christian (from "God's" viewpoint)?

Get rid of religion... get rid of the problem. Be a good human... no problem. If "God" wants to throw His 2 cents in ...let Him speak up for a change. Enquiring minds want to know... but not to the point of using "religion" to control my fellow man. Live and let live.

u/d (of the "God" has some explaining to do class)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Glad to hear you're finding your own way and are comfortable in it!

I don't think the Watchtower leaders truly believe that the Bible teaches the Trinity and Hell, and are purposefully keeping their followers from discovering it. Rather, they believe that there are scriptures that support those doctrines, and scriptures that "disprove" them, and an independant study of the Bible might lead to a person getting the "wrong" interpretation. (In other words, an interpretation that differs from theirs)

So be angry for being misled, but you can at least feel comfortable that your misleaders were themselves misled and were not truly, intentionally keeping you from the truth. At least that's the impression that Crisis of Conscience left me with.

Dave

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

A mass murderer is considered a monster. So is someone like Hitler. They are hated by most people. Yet as soon as someone invisible says he'll do much worse, like butcher billions of people, including innocent infants, or roast people for eternity in hell, then suddenly people fall on their knees and worship him.

Walter

• Daunt
    Daunt

"Get rid of religion... get rid of the problem. Be a good human... no problem. If "God" wants to throw His 2 cents in ...let Him speak up for a change. Enquiring minds want to know... but not to the point of using "religion" to control my fellow man. Live and let live."

This is a profound statement... Sheesh that's awesome.

And I have to agree. I really doubt the leaders are litterally thinking about how they are torturing their members and contemplating on how much power they have. I feel that they really do believe in what they are doing. They've mastered having one truth while "solving" problems that contradict their truth. They believe to death that they're the spokesmen of the infallible religion but then they receive notes of high depression rates and increasing poverty of their people. So they send out watchtowers of how it's ok to go out and work a little more to build up your field service. Or send out an awake about new ways of helping out their depression. After a few months they forget about it like it never happened and then put in messages in the assemblies about how great their organization is doing. Sheesh it seems like the organization would be the most dominating power in the world the way they buff up the organization's credentials.

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your comments. I think my problem with this whole thing is, if the WTS doesn't believe what's in the bible and have to write things to disprove it to the followers in the WT and such, why do they follow the bible in the first place?

To Upside down or whatever your name was, I can't remember... I have been going over the bible and reading JUST the bible and reading the scriptures. I didn't need someone to TELL me anything, I found the belief on my own and I am amazed because I never saw those scriptures before. I never saw it from a bible that didn't replace Lord with Jahovah in every instance. I mean if you really sit down and read the scriptures where Jesus is saying he's the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end and he was made flesh and died for our sins, Jah never died or was made flesh, only Jesus was. Since the bible teaches there is only one God, how can Jesus and Jehovah both be the beginning and the end if they are not one? I dont' want a debate, I'm just shocked at what I've discovered. Not everyone will see what I see when I read it, maybe some of us are not meant to see, who knows. But I see it with my own 2 eyes and not because someone told me to see it. I read it and I understood what I read and my eyes are now open and I'm very happy! :)

As for church. Well, I believe the bible says to not forsake the gathering of ourselves together and since I have no one to do that with i.e. I am alone with just my hubby and my kids, I can't very well follow the bible without going to church. If I had friends to gather together with and we could do a weekly bible study that would be great, but I can't and this is my only option right now.

Ashton

• upside/down
    upside/down

"wherever two or more of you are gathered in my name, there I am in your midst."

No need for org. rel.

Simply fellow friends of like mind. No one will ever agree 100% on everything... EVER. That is a truth. That's why religion and the control it tries to exert is so anti-Christ.

u/d (of the hates religion class)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Not everyone will see what I see when I read it, maybe some of us are not meant to see, who knows. But I see it with my own 2 eyes and not because someone told me to see it. I read it and I understood what I read and my eyes are now open and I'm very happy! :)

Therein lies the point -- interpretation. Jesus made comments about God saying that he alone knew things, only the Father. From that one scripture, you could conclude that the trinity is false. But there's the Alpha/Omega thing you pointed out, and from that one scripture you could conclude that the trinity is true. So which conclusion is correct? It's all a matter of interpretation, what scriptures you "read" and what scriptures you "explain".

The arrogance I carried around (as did many) as a JW was due to the fact that I had "the truth". I couldn't be wrong, I knew the right answers. Everyone who disagreed with me (about the Bible) was wrong. That is official Watchtower policy, and it breeds arrogance.

While I'm very happy for you, I encourage you to avoid allowing that old "I have the Truth" arrogance to take hold. Your interpretation of what you're reading in the Bible might be exactly true, or it might be wildly wrong. There's no way to know, because God has so far not popped in to clarify it. Read it, come to your conclusions, live your life by it, and be well. But your enjoyment will be curtailed if you allow yourself to believe you now have "the truth". (In my opinion. Wouldn't want to seem arrogant! )

Dave

• upside/down
    upside/down
    live your life by it, and be well. But your enjoyment will be curtailed if you allow yourself to believe you now have "the truth". (In my opinion. Wouldn't want to seem arrogant! )

Well said Dave.

bttt

u/d

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I joined a Baptist church and we go twice a week now. Hubby, my fence sitter, is really enjoying going. They are studying cults on Wednesday nights! I know I was meant to join this Church. My son loves it and the baby loves sleeping through it lol.

Just before I got up the courage to call Crooklyn Bethel and tell the WTS they are from Satan I started studying the bible and letting it interpret itself with other scriptures. I found the same bible truths as you. One week after calling the liars in New York I also joined aBaptist church where prayer is rampant and the Holy Spirit is abundantly operating (the WTS would call this parousia or Jesus' presence if they ever experienced it , which they will never unless they repent), where the ministerial staff is trained to help nurture and strengthen the flock instead of adding all kinds of crazy regulations to burden . The church is growing so fast that we have had to purchase a lot more property for expansion. The senior pastor's (that word is in a correct translation) message does not tickle our ears like the WT Study does. It hits our hearts hard but in a very kindly manner. We have all types of outreach ministries in order to be all things to all people as Paul encouraged us to do. I can't believe that the truth was so close yet so far away because I was 'on a spiritual feeding program' that is going to send a lot of sincere people straight to the Hell of the bible - eternal and final seperation from God. The Govrerning Body of Joe Hoba's Witnesses is deceiving over 6 million people on earth today and countless millions of others in past years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit