Chapter 14 - Dread Unabridged Details from the new OD Book

by ezekiel3 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully
    For example, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of a secular organization that has objectives contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God.

Isn't this exactly what the WTS did when they applied for in 1991, were accepted in 1992 and continued an ongoing membership with the UN as an NGO until 2001?

How are they ever going to rationalize this, while at the same time they were disfellowshipping and disassociating people for joining the YMCA for a gym membership?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks Zeke, An appeal is granted as a kindness? I would think it would be a legal matter, you know Judicial meeting. And they keep hidden the fact that you can appeal an appeal to the Branch Office too. Not many are aware of this. This is dishonest toward the one appealing the action.

Blueblades

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    CASES INVOLVING MINOR BAPTIZED CHILDREN

Serious wrongdoing on the part of minor children who are baptized should be reported to the elders. When the elders handle cases of serious sins involving a minor, it is preferable that the baptized parents of the young person be present and cooperate with the judicial committee, not attempting to shield the erring child from necessary disciplinary action. Just as in dealing with adult offenders, the judicial committee endeavors to reprove and restore the wrongdoer. However, if the young person is unrepentant, disfellowshipping action is taken.

This quote outta help if I eventually have to take my daughter's dad to court for "parental alienation"!

I just dare them to have me present if they try to ever df my minor child. I'll have them in court for emotional abuse so fast their heads will spin...

• blondie
    blondie
    Yes, us poor guys have everything so unprotected. Of course my little phrase is metaphorical and can be applied to women, in a very broad sense.

broad = woman

Was that a Freudian slip?

Blondie

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Isn't this exactly what the WTS did when they applied for in 1991, were accepted in 1992 and continued an ongoing membership with the UN as an NGO until 2001?

Yes, it is. Good catch, Scully.

• eljefe
    eljefe

The term "disassociation" applies to the action taken by a person who, although a baptized member of the congregation, deliberately repudiates his Christian standing, rejecting the congregation by his actions or by stating that he no longer wants to be recognized as or known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Reading this sort of crap makes me glad I am gone/fading. Is anyone else planning on fading any differently? If another JW sees you doing something, how far are they going to go with "rejecting the congregation by his actions"?

• ignored_one
    ignored_one
    If an unbaptized wrongdoer is unrepentant after two elders have met with him and have tried to help him, then it is necessary to inform the congregation. A brief announcement is made, stating: "[Name of person] is no longer recognized as an unbaptized publisher." The congregation will then view the wrongdoer as a person of the world. Although the offender is not disfellowshipped, Christians exercise caution with regard to any association with him. (1 Cor. 15:33) No field service reports would be accepted from him.

Does this give the go ahead to shun unbaptized publishers who leave too?

-

Ignored One.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I find it interesting that they distinguish between Disfellowshipped individuals and Disassociated individuals, yet when they discuss reinstatement, they only mention Disfellowshipped ones getting reinstated. Not once do they mention Disassociated ones. Does this mean that there is no provision for Disassociated ones to be reinstated if they decided they wanted back in???

Strange indeed...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit