Chapter 14 - Dread Unabridged Details from the new OD Book

by ezekiel3 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Unfortunately, the whole section on minor disagreements and how they should be handled made me flash back to a situation that happened to me just before I walked away from the whole narrowminded, led by the nose group. It was totally mishandled in the congregation where I attended and my ex was an elder. Elders got involved and almost called a committee meeting because of a misunderstanding during the "meeting" that was called to sort the misunderstanding out. To this day, I feel deep anger and rage that I was subjected to that indignity. Not all the time. Just when something reminds me of it. The sad thing is it showed rank favoritism on the part of certain elders for this "sister", because they camped together, etc. Nothing was resolved between us and I was snubbed by her until I left. Actually, it speeded up my whole decision to leave, so, for that, I am grateful. T

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    They wanna get rid of everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said, Min! It sure looks that way, eh?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Boy reading this made me think: Once the Society gets you by the balls they won't let go.

What a terrible task master, they can sure crack the whip, with these DF'n policies.

• blondie
    blondie
    Once the Society gets you by the balls they won't let go.

I guess I'm safe then, Frankie.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

should have said by the short and curlies....would you be safe then

• minimus
    minimus

...not these days....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Blondie,

Yes, us poor guys have everything so unprotected. Of course my little phrase is metaphorical and can be applied to women, in a very broad sense.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    However, the person who disassociates himself by repudiating the faith and deliberately abandoning Jehovah's worship is viewed in the same way as one who is disfellowshipped.

It sounds like they could make a case if they wanted to based on this statement.You no longer worship with us therefore you have abandoned and repudiated the faith.This might be used as a tool to weed out troublemakers who otherwise have done nothing to be DA'ed for.

I am sure time will tell if they want to go down the hard line road. Nothing along this line would suprise me.

Take note of point #2 You can repudiate by word or actions (inaction)

Main Entry: re·pu·di·ate
    Pronunciation: ri-'pyü-dE-"At
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): -at·ed; -at·ing
    Etymology: Latin repudiatus, past participle of repudiare, from repudium rejection of a prospective spouse, divorce, probably from re- + pudEre to shame
    1 : to divorce or separate formally from (a woman)
    2 : to refuse to have anything to do with : DISOWN
    3 a : to refuse to accept; especially : to reject as unauthorized or as having no binding force b : to reject as untrue or unjust <repudiate a charge>
    4 : to refuse to acknowledge or pay
    synonym see DECLINE
    - re·pu·di·a·tor / -"A-t&r / noun

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

thanks for this posting, Ezekial. I learned the original chapter from the old OD book by memory when I was df'd. It does seem that they are preparing a case to df or da pretty much anyone who no longer associates, regardless of what they may be doing.

Unfortunately, the elders never followed these guidelines in my case, they made up their own rules. for example, they told me (when I requested reinstatement 4 months into it) that I was disrespectful of the society because the OM book said it had to be a minimum of a year. I knew it didn't say that, and challenged them. Of course my impertenence simply added a couple more months onto my sentence.

The wording of the announcement also implies something else, in my opinion. It implies that anyone who is df'd or da'd is rejecting the religion because they are no longer one of JW's. Many people (including myself at the time) still consider themselves JW's even if they have committed a sin worthy of df'ing. In addition, putting DA and DF together in the same terminology is a way to really tighten control. It seems to me that now any deviance, however small, will be used as an excuse, as Minimum says, to get rid of everyone.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yeah mamochan they did the same to me...added time cos i dared to request reinstatement too early in their opinion...even though the girl i was involved with was reinstated within 5 months..just in time for one of the commitees sons wedding...

heres a good one...in the sister cong that uses our hall a young bro applied for reinstatement and this was granted...but because the next service meeting was on the c.o.s visit (no cong announcements made anymore on a co visit) they told him that they would make the announcement the following week..but that he could tell immediate family and friends but not to go overboard (not an unreasonable request)..he also got together with his girlfriend who had never been df and her family to start making wedding plans...so after the co's visit they tell him it hasnt been long enough and the df stood and to reapply sometime in the future......tijkmo of the 'you cant make this stuff up..no-one would believe you' class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit