WHAT'S THE WORST JOB YOU EVER HAD?

by Mary 45 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

worst job I ever had was driving auto parts. got smacked on the butt a lot. no place for a woman.

J

• Carmel
    Carmel

The worst job I ever had was teachin high school science. Too much politics and too many rude students with rude parents who though little Johnny deserved an A or B without having to do homework or pass a test. Two years and I was ready to dig ditches for a living..

carmel

• Satanus
    Satanus

The worst bjob i ever had? Ooops. Wrong thread.

S

• upside/down
    upside/down

Division Manager for Physicians Mutual Insurance Company.

Everyone but me thought this was the best job on the planet..... super good $$$.

I quit and started **gag and a little bile** PIONEERING. went from a salary of 10K per month plus bonuses and full bene's to "0" in nothing flat. Impressed all the Dubs and confounded all my "worldly" relatives. I was such an idiot.

Scrubbed other peoples filth for 12 years, and finally had it when a dimwhit power crazed janitor elder told me I needed to work on humility!

WTF do they know?

Never Again,

u/d (of the I hope "God" can forgive my stupidity and total ignoring my instinct class)

• Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

Picking lobsters out of Jayne Mansfield's arse...

- Cardinal Fang, of the 'Derek and Clive' class

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

The worst job I ever had was a job selling books door to door (think I might have worked for the same conglomerate Gary worked for). As an induction they completely immerse you in water in front of hundreds or thousands of other sales people which was really embarassing.

Anyway I couldnt sell very many of these books, we werent even asking for that much either, just a sum to cover printing and overhead costs; in the end the company even decided to offer them for free but made me still buy them and like a mug I did. The hours of work were really crap, Saturday mornings were a prerequisite and sometimes Sunday afternoons. I decided that I wanted to go to University and they forbade me from doing so, they thought it would stop me selling buying so many books. They even stopped me from going to play rugby of an evening with my friends because again because it would stop me selling buying their books.

Then disaster struck again, it came to light that half the stuff in the books was wrong anyway and they had to republish the books and yet again force us to go out and sell them; it wasnt easy I can tell you even when they were free. They have a terrible aftersales policy because even after you have bought their books for so many years you find that when you decide to no longer buy their books, they get all your so called friends (who are also sales people) to ignore you and shun you as though you were a leper....definately the worst job i ever had.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I have never experienced so much rejection or sex talk

unbeliever I am curious now - who was doing the sex talk?

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

I definitely fall into the service industry catagory. Hated! hated! I started out having a cleaning service for new construction "cleanup" ( new homes, offices, buildings) then after a few years took on new homes, and then residences. Man after a few years of cleaning dog s**t, and piss off of floors, and baby diapers on floors, throwup. One house I did an older lady rented rooms out, well a couple surfer dudes lived in this place with her (she was 70 or 80) she asked to do their rooms too for her, GROSS!!! Guys can be very nasty! there were boogers thrown on the walls, wads of toilet paper under beds, stains here and there?!! I gave up, I couldn`t handle it anymore! Now I just do that in my everyday life as a mom and a wife!!!!!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Had several that are lumped together...

Selling perfume - actually moved up to 20 bottles per day of imitation perfume, all cold calling people at gas stations, etc. Had the cops called on me for soliciting so many times, only did it for a month

These next two were after I was the corparate QC Director for over 20 concrete production facilities in Texas and was helping my wife's family get their business going, so in addition to that I did these two:

Security Guard - worked at several car lots and one Whataburger in the bad part of Longview, TX

Video Store Clerk - same time as the security guard gig!

Was on Government assitance at the same time to be able to feed my kids.

Very humbling experience

• Preston
    Preston

I think I have you all licked:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/34585/1.ashx

Warning: This one's a doosey

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit