Will the average age of Witnesses go up with time?

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

My parents go to a Catholic church, and they say that the average age is in the 60's.

At the KH, the average age is about 30, if you calculate the age of the children too.

Theoretically, the average age of Witnesses should go up with time

If less and less people become witnesses, the average age should go up, just like traditional religions....no?

• Dustin
    Dustin

You would think it would have to. There's definitely not as much fresh blood coming in, and a lot of the younger ones are leaving. I knoe the congregation where I used to go is getting very old.

Dustin

• JH
    JH
    the congregation where I used to go is getting very old.

As they get old and sick, they will have to develop more love towards one another, because old people need more care. If they don't get the care they deserve, and if the prophesies don't come through, they will be one sad organization.

• Dustin
    Dustin

It's funny though because the old ones only treat other older ones nicely in the congregations as a general rule of thumb. They treat younger ones like crap still. I always hated that they would be mean and evil to you, but as soon as they get sick they need your help.

Dustin

• JH
    JH
    They treat younger ones like crap

Maybe my question should have been, will the witnesses show more love for one another as they get older?

• Dustin
    Dustin

No they won't. I wasn't one who left due to false teachings, although now I see them for what they are. I was one who left because I was always treated like a second class citizen. The scars it left on the inside probably will never heal. The older ones influence others to be just as evil as they are. It's a circle that just keeps going round and round. I always found it funny how the JW's make a claim to be the true religion, yet they treat others amongst their ranks like they're worthless. But then they go out and put on this front of how they are soo loving. It really sickens me, and I'm glad I left.

Dustin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

This generation will by no means pass away leaving a future generation.

Can you really see the WTS lasting another 100 years?

Kwin

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Yes there may be quite a few youngsters in the congregations but don't be decieved that the average age of the Witnesses is much younger than the avergae church.

When I was secretary a few years back - looked at the average of the baptized publishers and was surprised to see that it worked out to be in the early 50s. And this, despite the fact that there were lots of kids in the congregation,

Eyeslice

• JAVA
    JAVA
    Can you really see the WTS lasting another 100 years?

If I was a JW during and a little after 1914 I'm sure I would answer "NO" to this question. Of course the Internet wasn't around at that time, and the playing field is different today. Yet, here we are 30 years after the huge 1975 failure. . . .

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

My observation is that the average JW is in late middle age (50-60). It is true, there is a representation through all age groups. I believe in general that the reality is that only the older really indoctrinated ones are the people that stay. The DO's and CO's are now spendinhg time telling the Elder's to encourage the young males to Pioneer when leaving High School and emphasize that the Pioneer work is not just for middle aged housewives. That tells us something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit