Jehovahs Witness and the internet

by Dragonlady76 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

I communicate with most of my family/friends via e-mail. I canNOT get my mother to even get a free e-mail account through Yahoo! She can use the library computers for free and I even went as far to set her up an e-mail address. She says "the society doesn't like us using the internet" and leaves it at that.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

If they banned it, the first thing they would have to do is take down their web site. That would turn away any potential converts since anyone googling Jehovah's Witnesses will only find anti-JW web sites.

Another problem is, the more they warn brothers and sisters to stay away from the net, the more curiousity this creates among them. That's what drove so many faithful JW's to this site.

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

I think that they will put the internet and computer use in the same category as "R" rated movies. If you surf the internet, you can't be used as a MS, Elder or Pioneer. If they ban internet useage all together, they will call too much attention to it and people will start looking at it, who normally don't. They will tell the parents to watch the kids, etc.

The idea of the greater number cooling off is vague. Nobody knows exactly what Jesus ment. If they start that, it could become another 1914 for them. They have to stay out of that stuff. There is too much potential for it to blow-up in their faces. People are getting too smart for this kind of stuff.

Let's face it the Jig is up. We will all see how it unfolds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit