Hiding the xmas tree!

by curlygirl 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

Has anyone else had to hide their Xmas tree because their JW relatives can't pick up a phone? I literally had to have my hubby distract them so I could shove the damn thing in a closet!! Everyone at some point in their lives has a movie moment, unfortunately for me, mine had to be a 3 stooges movie!!!!! I found out that when my adrenaline is flowing------I'm freakishly strong!!!

Curlygirl

• under74
    under74
    ...when my adrenaline is flowing------I'm freakishly strong!!!

lol-nope never had to hide the tree although I remember hiding from JWs getting out of cars at the Thursday night bookstudy that took place across the street from my house.

PS- Didn't you say you were from Seattle in one of your posts? What part?

• Gill
    Gill

Curlygirl, that is just so funny! Was this a 6 foot Xmas tree? Did any baubles and things fall off? We hid ours in our bedroom!

• Scully
    Scully

Yeah, I've had that happen about 10 years ago. Fortunately we had about 2 hours' notice to remove all traces of Xmas-ness. I've never put away a xmas tree so fast since then.

Love, Scully

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Curlygirl-

That is soooo funny! My wife thought we would do the tree thing this year - she bot a little 3 foot artificial. We put it in an area where it would not be seen from the road, ect. The local witnesses are shunning us, so she thought we would not have to worry.

I think she was worried though - I got up the morning after Christmas and the whole thing had been put away like there never was one there!

Funny how we keep dodging bullets from the organization after leaving isn't it? We do not care if they expell us - but we wish to keep intact family relations, so we are still playing their games.

Jeff

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Christmas tree, hah! Try doing it with 20 marijuana plants

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Did you have them all decorated with ornaments and tinsel?

• Pole
    Pole

Reminds me of when I was 16 and harvested this stuff with a friend of mine and tried to hide it at his place. We both became JWs later.

Pole

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Moved it from the main window into the corner of the room. We told the folks we were having one this year and I thought the old boy was going to blow a gasket, in the end though they said "well we just won't be round for two weeks". Guess what the tree is still up and they haven't came round, boo hoo, not!!

BM with needles in his ass

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I have a relative that does that. Her husband insists on X-mas and though she has no qualms about celebrating any other holiday, she takes great pains to go into JW mode and bitch and whine about it and keep secret that they have a X-mas tree up. It slipped out while she had a bunch of guests over to her house for , of all things, a new years eve celebration.

I could see the look on her face when her JW sister gave her "the look".

She looked like she wished that the ground would swallow her up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit