Do you believe in ghosts?

by Country Girl 78 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

Yes I believe, if a ghost is the same as a spirit. I have never seen any but I know people who claim that they have. Once when I lived in NYC a friend came over to my apartment and said that she saw a man standing in the corner who looked like a doctor from the clothes he was wearing. I asked a couple of neighbors and found out that a man who used to be a doctor had indeed died in the apartment.

• wednesday
    wednesday

these are interesting experiences.

Yes it was out of the corner of my eye that I saw my mom ( maybe that does not make it real) , but my dad was standing at my bedside, angry. I could feel the anger. As far as seeing an actual live body, no I have never, just images of bodies, airy type things. Never anything I could have touched.(well i could have touched whatever that was that "swished " by that night I was up cleaning my bathroom, but it would have had to slow down. I'm glad my husband saw the smoke too, we can't both be crazy.

The dreams scare me, usually they warn me of something that will happen to a family member.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

AWH YOU HEATHEN YOU.

WHAT DO I HAVE TA TELL YA TA MAKE YA BELIEVE??

THIS BALL OF LIGHT WAS NOT LIGHTING THE ROOM. JUST GLOWED ENOUGH TO BE AWARE OF IT. MY WIFE IS A STICKLER TO CLOSING THE BLINDS AND ALL.

GUESS SHE IS AFRAID SOME FAIR MAIDEN WILL SEE ME SEXY BODY AND STEAL ME AWAY.

IT WAS A WIERD EXPERIENCE, YET IT CAUSED ME NO ANXIETY. AS IF THIS HAPPENED EVERY DAY IS HOW I FELT.

THE OLD LADY YA TALKED ABOUT?? WASN'T OLD AT ALL, RATHER YOUNG AND PRETTY SINGLE LADY. SHE RENTED A HOUSE FROM US.

THE FRIEND I SPOKE OF, THAT WAS MY WIFE. YA SEE I DIDN'T WANT TO BE ACCUSED OF BEING A PEEPING TOM.

IT WAS HILARIOUS TO WATCH THE REACTIONS WHEN HER TV WENT BERSERK .

Outoftheorg

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I've experienced mostly the passive leftover essense - snapshots, emotions.

My first experience that I truly recall was being seated in a booth in the bar at the Capt Whidbey Inn on Penn Cover, Whidbey Island, WA. I felt so cold and uncomfortable the moment I sat down I had to move. I've been there several times and each time, something different happened with that booth.

My 3rd husband and I were there looking it over as a possible honeymoon spot. When we walked into the bar, he froze. I felt like I was walking into a large party where I didn't know anyone. The only live person in the room was the bartender! He saw/felt a man, knew his name, and the man was flanked by two women. The man was dressed in a pinstrip zoot suit, and the women were flappers, one in gold lame, the other in silver. I didn't see or hear any of it, I just felt very out of place.

He and I owned a house that had been built over a chicken coop originally in 1928. The house had chicken ghosts! In the dining room only. Out of the corner of my eye I'd see a chicken run into the shadows, or hear them cluck. It was more than one ghost as sometimes it would be a red chicken, and sometimes a yellowish chicken.

I was in a new tower hotel in downtown San Fran. That room had a black cat ghost. Once it jumped on the bed and when it saw me, jumped into the shadows. Once it passed the door to the bathroom, looked at me and disappeared again.

I've had others, too. There is no way I can prove them, the only one I had mutual experience of was at the Capt Whidbey Inn.

Interesting stuff.

• Leilani
    Leilani

I had some weird experiences in a place I lived once. My "then" husband and I would leave and come home and the door would be ajar when we pulled back in the drive. It happened several times so we got where we would make absolute sure the door was locked when we left. Then when we would come home the windows would be open. One night we came home and the door was again open (and we knew it had been locked). When it was time for bed we turned off all the lights in the house except for in the bathroom, as a nightlight for the kids. Shortly after we were in bed the bathroom light starting blinking off and on. While the light was blinking the telephone rang. I picked it up and said the normal "hello" and the darned thing kept ringing while the light kept blinking on and off. It was really freaky. In that same house, one night when I was in bed, I almost got paralyzed from fear. I just felt there was something evil in the room with me. I just put it down to all the fears I had of demons from my upbringing in the JWs. Still don't know what it was...human...ghost...evil....faulty wiring. We didn't stay in that house and moved not long after this stuff was happening. Never had anything like that ever happen again.

• heathen
    heathen

outoftheorg--- You ever think the wifey was trying to put one over on you ? Sounds like she's in for the prankster buisness too . LOL I'm not saying you didn't see something but if that happened to me i might still be skeptical as to what it might have been . My exsperiences include face to face encounters with full body apparitions , no mistaking what it was and the fact that it did haunt me for awhile when I was in bed trying to sleep , I also did see something that looked like a green frog leaping across my floor and I watched on hands and knees, very up close,as it made it's way to the patio door then vanished in front of my eyes . Pretty spooky stuff but it doesn't really scare me anymore since the experiences were pretty frequent , so you kinda don't freak out after awhile . Just because I may still hear things go bump in the night does not mean I attribute it all to ghosts but always look for other exsplanations .

• Panda
    Panda

No. No ghosts in my life just the real bad living people who I wished had never lived. But I've recently had an experience which may help to explain many of yah'll's experiences.

In November my llama JR died. He was 15. I would always see him out in the pasture on my road home. Apparently he'd see me too and would meet me near the barn. Well after he died , and as real as life itself I saw him standing by the barn when I pulled up to the house. Not believing in ghosts this took me back a second and then I realised... I EXPECTED to see him there. My mind hadn't caught up with the truth of his death. What was normal for me to see(kind of a Pavlovs dog experience) So was he corporeal or spirit? Neither he was alive in my head because of what I was used to seeing as normal. This is related to what our minds have been programmed to expect. WHen we see or smell dead loved ones it's because that's our memory of them. When we dream about them it's because they represent a part of us. They are a part of our minds organizing device.. So, sorry, no ghosts.

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

If ghosts are real, then why aren't they productive members of society?

I know that sounds like a smart-ass question, but I'm completely serious. I find asking questions to be an effective way to get to the heart of a matter.

Couldn't the ghost of a singer continue to produce new recordings? Couldn't a ghost serve as a anchorman on the evening news? Couldn't one at least be interviewed on the evening news? Run for office? Certainly ghosts would make ideal astronauts. They don't weigh anything, so that would save on fuel. They don't need spacesuits, since they don't breathe air. They don't need to take any food with them, either. Ghosts could also serve in the military, doing advance recon. Their intel would lead to quicker victories and fewer casualties on both sides. A supernatural display of power would also seriously demoralize the enemy. Wouldn't the ghost of a soldier killed in battle owe it to his squadmates to watch over them like this?

Seems there are two kinds of ghosts you normally hear about: a recently departed loved one or someone from c.100-200 years ago. Why don't we have ghosts of Aztecs and Indians running around? Ghosts that don't even speak English. Are there still Roman ghosts in Italy? If yes, how far back can you go? Do ghosts of austrolipithicines haunt the plains of Africa? If so, can a chimpanzee produce a ghost? What about a monkey? What about a dog? What about a crayfish?

I cannot believe in ghosts.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Do the Shadow people count?

Art bell used to have a really good article on them but he no longer has a web site.What a pity.

Hubby and I both saw two shadow people in the house after my Mom and Dad passed away. They were holding hands and went through the hall to the room I am in now.

We didn't tell each other untill a conversation with someone else came up and I commented about it. He jumped in and said "I saw them too!."

Someone told me they were "Shadow People" so I looked it up. The description fit perfectly.

Now when two people see the same thing and don't talk about it untill later..you gotta believe something is out there.

Like the ghost hunters say..you can't see microwave beams..but the effects are there.

We don't know what it is but something is there.

Funny thing is ours only appeared a few times and after we talked about it we never saw them again. It was like they were reunited and just passing through.

Snoozy...aka..Golden Girl Who really doesn't believe in ghosts but that was an experience I can't explain.

• missy04
    missy04
    Well after he died , and as real as life itself I saw him standing by the barn when I pulled up to the house. Not believing in ghosts this took me back a second and then I realised... I EXPECTED to see him there

You're right,..that can totally happen. Your mind is so used to seeing or hearing something so it just continues to see or hear it. We have a clock on the wall that "ticks ticks ticks" only it's not been wound up for a few years Sometimes I hear the clock and when I remember that it doesn't still "tick" then I stop hearing it for a while.

~Sarah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit