Do you believe in ghosts?

by Country Girl 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I am posting this because I know there are many people that have had experiences that cannot be explained by natural means. I am a ghost hunter, as a hobby. My hobby is to DISPROVE ghosts. I feel that this is the best methodology because if I get something that I *cant* disprove, then I think I have some good evidence. I personally believe that there is intelligent ENERGY out there, but not necessarily GHOSTS as we think of them.

Although anecdotal experiences are not really considered evidence, what have you experienced that made you believe/disbelieve in the paranormal?

Country Girl

• Mary
    Mary

I believe there's something out there............I've never experienced anything paranormal myself, but a friend of mine (an ex Dub) certainly has. The house that she and her family live in has had some pretty weird stuff happen since they moved in. They hear voices sometimes when no one else is home, their son saw an old man hovering above his bed one night and then disappear into the wall, they hear footsteps, the phone flew off the damn table right in front of them.....the other day they came home from grocery shopping and the chandelier in the living room was rocking back and forth on it's own..............I guess the people who lived there previously had some pretty strange stuff happen too. I'd be long gone, that's for sure!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I had posted some of my experiences when i first started coming here and it didnt end well.

It started when i started to study the bible.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I had posted some of my experiences when i first started coming here

You got boogie bears?!?!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I grew up in a house that had a ghost.

I saw it, my sister saw it, my mom, and my dad (though he won't admit it.) We were all active witnesses at the time. I personally lived in the hosue for nearly 10 years, and my parents another 5 or 6 years after that.

Never harmed us, but we saw it and heard it on many occasions. The house was old, built in the 1880's, and we were only the 3rd family to ever live in it. I think it was the original owner, as he dressed in that time period.

I heard it walking around upstairs, when I was downstairs, you would hear it coming up the front porch steps. My mom heard it wailing the day she finally moved out. I would see it go through doors.

I don't express to know it all, but I know what my family and I experienced for many years. Deny it if you want, but the fact is, that yes, ghosts, or whatever you may want to call them, do exist.

• heathen
    heathen

I say yes because I've actually seen the phenomena with my own eyes, 1st person . I always watch the ghost hunters show , it's kinda lame but seems to humor me . I don't believe people are haunting the living after they die tho . They are evil spirits . There is no such thing as unfinished buisness when people die . It's not something I would go around looking to encounter , these things are dangerous and can destroy peoples lives as many claim is happening to them via stuff flying across the room ,strange noises and even demonic posession . I don't believe in friendly spirits roving the earth .

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Mary:

Would your friend be interested in an investigation? I know lots of ghost hunters in various parts of the country, and they are all too happy to do an investigation, free of charge. Their point is to get evidence. Although I cannot offer that they will do anything to get RID of the energies, some groups do offer some solace and help in the way of counseling, excorcisms, etc.

My advice for your friend to make this thing go away is to take sage weed, bundle it up, let it dry, and then set it on fire and put it out, allowing only the smoke out. You can take it from room to room and tell the energies to leave. Another thing she could do is a cleansing. This can be done with a deacon, or rabbi, or pastor, and he will move room to room and say a prayer. I don't know if that will work, since I've never actually been involved with a haunting where they wanted it to leave!

I do know that when I was going through my divorce, the JW's sent over elders to pray in each room of my house to make the evil spirits go away, and my Mother burned my tarot cards with gas. She said that my eyes were like a shark's eyes.... no feeling or emotion, until the cards were burned, then I went back to normal. But I think she was just being rediculous, and imagining things. I actually liked doing Tarot cards, I made a lotta $ doing that.

I don't do them now, of course, and doing a Ouija board would be beyond my scope of play.. but maybe your friend could avail herself of things that are available.

CG

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    You got boogie bears?!?!

Yup

I don't believe in friendly spirits roving the earth .

• confusedjw
  • Country Girl
    Country Girl

Thank you CONFUSEDJW. I am just curious why you *don't* believe that there could be something out there that we dont' understand and we are just confusing with "ghosts." Be that as it may, everyone thoguht electricity was of the Devil at one time.

I have a film taken when I was at a supposedly haunted hotel in Texas. We put the video camera on the dresser and left and went ona carriage ride. My husband, who is well based in Physics, saw the film when we got back. It focuses in and out (which I ascribed to the curtains waving in the air conditioner breeze), then later there is some balls of light which come and go. They are not regular balls of light which could be considered dust because they come out from behind the headboard of the bed and then just zoom around. Also, there is the noise of someone actually MOVING the camera, and the tinkling of glass, laughter, humming an singing. It is an awesome film!

When we got back from our carriage ride, on which I took MANY pictures of old and abandoned houses, we watched the video. I brought a sleeping pill, thank God. After I saw that video, I was ready to hit the road. I took myh sleeping pill. When I woke up at 5 a.m., there was my husband, wide awake, who I have to BEAT out of bed every morning to get up and go to work. I said "You wanna go home?" He screamed yes. He slept all the way back. When I woke up he had all the lights on, and he was scared to death. He no longer ghost hunts with me, but I still take sleeping pills.. heheheh.

Later, a man called me and asked if he could put one of my photos on his web site. I said "Sure." This was the man that Sci Fi channel had done a series about called "Ghost Hunters." He said my "orb" was one of the best he'd seen. It had it's own light, and there was a reflection .... way cool.

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit