Dell Computers

by unbeliever 32 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

BigTex,

That sucks that you have had a bad experience. In the case of a CD-RW, it may make more sense just to spend $50 on a brand new one than mess with crappy telephone support. Hopefully the problem is hardware related and not some software issue on your PC. It's likely that is why Dell hasn't sent a tech...because they haven't determined for sure that it's a hardware problem.

LT,

I totally agree... HP printers and Dell servers/desktops/laptops are a good way to go. We actually now buy IBM stuff because it was dictated by corporate, but their equipment seems fine too...and actually I like their Thinkpads better than Dell laptops. I haven't messed with IBM server hardware yet, but in some ways it looks better than PowerEdge server equipment, too.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

jwbot,

Good point. I have always heard Sony tech support sucks, but it doesn't matter to me because I have *never* called it. I always choose Sony when buying TVs or other home AV equipment. (Haven't tried their computers, though.)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    In the case of a CD-RW, it may make more sense just to spend $50 on a brand new one than mess with crappy telephone support

Yeah that's what I decided. Although it'll probably be more than $50 (I've got a Samsung now, and I think it's crap).

Frankly I don't think Dell support could determine shit from caviar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit