Dell Computers

by unbeliever 32 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I am leaning toward buying a dell notebook. Who uses dell, and if so are you happy with them?

Thanks

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

we only recommend and purchase dell at our college

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

For my desktop I had my own built with the components I wanted.

For a laptop I stick with Toshiba because they seem to last longer than Dells in my experience.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

have a dell at home, and that it is what I have found at my college as well.

As I am a geek, If there is a computer around, I always check to see what kind it is....its been my experience that the two or three hospitals and the doctors offices I have seen computers in are dells. Ditto for the libraries, they always carry dells as well around here.

I love mine, but I cant afford a laptop. I got a Dimension 2400 w/40 GB and all the bells and whistles for about $399.00 Desktops are great...but I dont know about the laptops.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I have a Dell, Inspiron 8500 with the wide screen. I loves it oh so much. Good company for the mid-range price/

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I have had a Dell Inspiron 2500 laptop for 3.1/2 years now running Windows 2000 professional and never had a bit of bother with it. It needs a re-installation now but that's about it.

Having sadi that, I still think that buying hardware is a bit of a lottery.

Eyeslice

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Dell, Gateway, Toshiba, HP, etc... all of the major name brands offer excellent computers. They all have their fare share of limmons, but most of the computers are very good.

The only kind of computer I would suggest you stay away from are those built by little computer shops around town... they have some of the worst quality control I have ever seen.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I have a Dell Lattitude D800 with a wide screen. Love it.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

It seems everyone loves their Dell's.

They are used at the college I went to as well and I have noticed them in most libraries. I've just never owned one.

How about the warranties? Did you buy one? I will probably get the 3 or 4 year one. If something were to happen w/o one it will cost $60 just to tell me what is wrong with my computer then they charge $100 per hour to fix it.

• chrissee
    chrissee

my husband is a computer geek and loves to disassemble & reassemble computers. He bought me a Dell about 2 years ago and I love it ( I don't allow him to take apart this one) but he did pick the components he wanted in it for me. Also he bought a Dell laptop about 8 months ago and he loves being able to surf the internet in the comfort of his favorite chair. I definitely recommend the Dell systems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit