Answer to: Why do JW's come here against WT policy

by GodRules 24 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

GR

You said:

No I do not talk to dfd people at the hall. I respect Jehovah's law

So let me, as a nonJW, get this straight - You won't talk to DFed JWs at the hall but you talk to them here? Did I get that right? ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Oh, wasn't John in his second letter talking about those who are for all intensive purposes the "anitchrist" and don't believe in Jesus? Oh yeah, I forgot Jehovah (I mean the WTS) only told you to read lines 9 and 10 in the 2nd of John and not to read the entire letter. Most people around here (and those in your hall that are dfd) do not agree with only SOME of the doctrines spewed by the leadership but do believe in God and Jesus.

Just so you know - what you are practicing is creed bigotry (hate in one of its worse forms) - and for no good reason.

You tell me that you respect Jehovah's law - Don't you mean you respect the WTS's version of Jehovah's law until it changes, of course, to something else? I guess tacking to you means 180 degrees instead of less than 90 degrees - right?

Little kids are needlessly dying or do you even care - wake up!!!!

hawk

• hippikon
    hippikon

To a certain extent I agree with “God Rules”. Most people in the “truth” are sincere and genuinely feel they are doing “Gods will” or at least trying to "Please God”. Even if they are being deceived or deceiving themselves. Just bear in mind however that the excuse of “I was deceived” doesn’t work with god. (1 Kings 13:14-19, Genesis 3:13). Everyone must test their faith.

1 John 4:1
    4 Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God,

At what stage do you stop testing the inspired expresions? Do you stop Questioning and testing once you are baptised?

Deuteronomy 18:20-22
    “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

The real problem with being deceived is the ability to reason and think for ones self. Participating on this board is the first step to thinking for one self and “God Rules” should be complimented and encouraged.

“God Rules” and I hope you read this.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. In time you may see that the emperor has no clothes.

• Kathy
    Kathy

Quote: "Since I do not know who is disfelloshipped or who is not in this board, my conscience allows me to post here. If someone identifies himself as disfellowshipped I will not answer to his comments."

I'm sorry GodRules, but this appears to be very disingenuous. Does it matter who's disfellowshipped and who isn't? I think you know that most here are, at the very least, "weak in faith." And they aren't asking for your help. If I was dabbling in something that I knew wasn't good for me, but I kept at it, at least I'd admit I was having a little fun, albeit feeling guilty. Are you "witnessing" here? Or are you here because you're curious? Please be honest with yourself.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

My start down the long slippery slope of apostasy (or one of the things that got me on the road to freedom) was chatting on mIRC as a Witness. I went toe-to-to with atheists, born-agains, apostates, mormons... you name it. Each time I logged off I was sure that I had defended my Christian Faith, and quite possibly got one fortunate soul on the road to the glorious freedom of Sons of God.

While I was certainly sincere in my beliefs and motives to a degree, I was also enjoying the mental challenge of debate, and the fun of flirting with the Dark Side.

Obviously, my little schemes backfired. I succumbed to the most nefarious and deadly danger to seemingly-strong Witnesses. I listened to other people and started looking up things in sources not listed in the WT Index.

I found the extreme bitterness and vitriol of some posters easy to dismiss as evil borne of Satan. It played to my JW-trained sense of superiority. But the tenderness and caring of some, balanced with a few well-timed sarcastic kicks in the pants, planted seeds that grew and helped me to become the respectable, well-rounded apostate that I am today.

So GodRules, I say stay and have a blast. Maybe you'll get a couple of us to see the light and rejoin the flock. Maybe you'll see the light and get out of darkness. Either way, I don't think it can hurt you to be exposed to the thinking and experiences of others.

Hmmm

• Farkel
    Farkel

God Rules,

: They only care for their brothers and see it as a danger to their spirituality.

"Spirituality" - believing without question everything the leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses says.

"Danger to Spirituality" - not believing without question everything the leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses says.

Origins of these terms: the leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses. Do you see a problem here? I do.

: An you know, they are right, ...

"They are right." How do we know know they are right? We know they are right because they keep SAYING they are right. Look up "circular reasoning." You might learn something. The FACTS prove they are NOT right, and they are pretenders and liars.

: ...sometimes I feel very mad and confused when I am in this board,..

Yeah, I understand. The truth about the "truth" hurts. I know. I've been there, done that.

:.. specially with most of the stupid comments (there are exceptions, many of you are calm and I see sincerity in your thoughts).

What "stupid comments" are you upset about? Be specific, and please prove that they are "stupid," i.e. untrue.

: What helps me is after I get those feelings, I read my Bible and that helps me put everything in perspective.

What in the Bible do you read at those times, and how does it validate your faith in your JW religion and its doctrines?

: It's not wrong for the WT to warn their brothers of such places on the net, as parents most of you warn your kids about dangers you see.

What "dangers" do you see, and what lies do you see? Please be specific. There will be a test.

: Please do not think that I am here just to argue with you, or to be an asshole, but just to share in dialogue. I don't like to complain about things, but I want to be part of a solution.

Great. So do most of us, but in admitting you want to be part of a "solution" you then acknowledge there is a problem. What problems and what solutions would you like to see happen?

: Complaints depress people, but solutions gives us strength.

Solutions usually result from complaints. Have you ever considered that?

: Also, do not put bad motives behind my words.

Bad motives? No. Generalized and bad arguments? Yes. Just present your arguments. There are many of us who can deal with them, including me.

: I have love even for those of you that hate all JW's, although you do not know 1/2% of the 6 million of them.

Name ONE actual example of ANYONE on this board who "hates" JWs. I certainly don't. Hating the actions of the leaders of JWs is far different that hating JWs themselves, although their leaders like to say hating them means hating their doting followers. It's simply not true.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit