Answer to: Why do JW's come here against WT policy

by GodRules 24 Replies latest jw friends

• GodRules
    GodRules

Believe it or not the motives are love, at least in my case. I know that sometimes JW's on this board do not show that, but it goes the same with some ex-jw's too.

Am I going against WT counsel? Yes, but I am willing to pay the price to help my fellow man, specially if I see that they blinded by resentment and are going contrary to Jehovah's will.

Why does the WT give the counsel to stay away from site such as this? They only care for their brothers and see it as a danger to their spirituality. An you know, they are right, sometimes I feel very mad and confused when I am in this board, specially with most of the stupid comments (there are exceptions, many of you are calm and I see sincerity in your thoughts). What helps me is after I get those feelings, I read my Bible and that helps me put everything in perspective. It's not wrong for the WT to warn their brothers of such places on the net, as parents most of you warn your kids about dangers you see.

Please do not think that I am here just to argue with you, or to be an asshole, but just to share in dialogue. I don't like to complain about things, but I want to be part of a solution. Complaints depress people, but solutions gives us strength. Also, do not put bad motives behind my words. I have love even for those of you that hate all JW's, although you do not know 1/2% of the 6 million of them.

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

I continue to be amazed by those who do not feel that the "counsel" applies to them. In essence, they are "above" the FDS.

Go ahead and say whatever you need to say to justify your presence here to yourself. Many of the JWs I have know are really great at "justification."

Thank you for your kind expressions of love and concern for your fellowman. Please, just don't try to count this as "service time."

Reagan

PS -- "FDS" aka "Feminine Deoderant Spray." No, really!

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• Seeker
    Seeker

Uzzah was great at justifying his reasons for going against policy. Or at least we have to assume he was, because God killed him for his disobedience before he could explain his actions...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sad though, isn't it? When a person can't even tell the difference between arrogance and love?

My evil friend, at this time in your life, you have nothing to offer anyone. Nothing for your fellow witnesses, and certainly nothing for people who have the intestinal fortitude to have researched their beliefs, and when they found them wanting, changed.

The worst in here make you look like Satan on a bad hair day.

• GodRules
    GodRules

reagan: Justification? maybe, but I don't appreciate people in this board accusing me of going against WT policy as an excuse to shut me up. I have a right here, that's what all of you say. It doesn't make sence that some of you when in a jam or when you don't agree with what I say, start giving me counsel (as if to scare me off or something) that I shouldn't be here because it goes against WT counsel. Does this make sence? It sure doesn't to me.

Seeker: Here is one example. What is this all about? That's all you talk about, uzzah, is that the only Bible story you know or something. What you are saying is that God will killed me disobeying him and posting in this board? You're really cutting yourself down with that one.

SixofNine: Perfect example of putting bad motives behind everything a person says from the heart. I'm not your evil friend and I know most of you do not read my posts with an open mind. That's o.k., we will all answer for our actions.

• Moxy
    Moxy

you seem sincere to me and i think an honest dialogue about issues presented here can only be helpful to everyone involved. try not to let people piss you off.

mox

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Seeker: Here is one example. What is this all about?

I'll explain. You, like Uzzah, have been given organizational instructions. You, like Uzzah, have seen a situation develop that makes you feel you need to act anyway. You, like Uzzah, have come up with a justification in your mind that allows you to violate the organizational instructions with a clear conscience. Therefore, according to the very organization you claim to be a part of, you, like Uzzah, are putting yourself in conflict with God by your act of disobedience.

That's all you talk about, uzzah, is that the only Bible story you know or something.

ROFL! That's ALL I talk about?!

I only bring up Uzzah when a JW tries to justify their presensce on a site like this. Quit justifying your actions and I'll quit reminding you of your resemblance to Uzzah.

What you are saying is that God will killed me disobeying him and posting in this board?

That is the implication that the WTS makes. Maybe you think they are wrong. If so, why not write to them and tell them that they are wrong, and how much good you are doing here. What do you think they will say?

You're really cutting yourself down with that one.

I can back up my idea. Can you back up yours?

• circe
    circe
    Also, do not put bad motives behind my words. I have love even for those of you that hate all JW's, although you do not know 1/2% of the 6 million of them.

I can't put bad motives behind your words because I don't even know you (unless we got to know each other on H20 and you've changed your handle).

I absolutely do not hate Jehovah's Witnesses. My mother is a Witness. My aunts and uncles are Witnesses. I have cousins and inlaws who are Witnesses. I used to have friends who are Witnesses. They are all, every one of them, great people whom I love very much!

I do not, however, agree with the doctrines that Witnesses teach. I think that doctrines like shunning and abstaining from blood are horrible and so must say that I hate those doctrines for the harm they do.

Circe

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Am I going against WT counsel? Yes, but I am willing to pay the price to help my fellow man, specially if I see that they blinded by resentment and are going contrary to Jehovah's will.

IF you SEE.....well while many may appreciate your love for fellow man, what of the right of another to express this freedom of speech , religion, and ideas , given ... not by the WTBTS but by the guy who existed.. just a wee bit longer.

please do share with all of us the WILL of god since you seem to know what that may be.............

I must say the arrogance of such a position is in itself offensive to me. To express you may know the will of god for yourself would be quite an accomplishment..... to do it for 6 billion people is just a joke.

Carry on GOD RULES........what a catchy name.....

• outnfree
    outnfree

Ok, ok. I read the subject line and immediately went into

raising my hand, waving it around vigorously, bouncing around in my seat (a la Horshack) and shouting out "I know! I know! It's because they CAN!!!! [and the WTS and their elders and even their spouses need never know!]"

But then I read further on the thread, and think that GodRules has sincere motives, although s/he is still delusional.

I, too, appreciate your concern for us, GodRules. I, personally, did not make a single post to this Board until I was officially DA'd (and now, I'm addicted! LOL) out of a mixture of paranoia and also respect for what the organization taught. But that's just me, and you, although active, seem sincere in wanting to help us wayward ones back to Jehovah.

However, I see by your response to Seeker's excellent post that you, like so many other Jehovah's Witnesses, make a fundamental error. And this is why I labelled you "delusional" above.

What you are saying is that God will killed me disobeying him and posting in this board?

If you carefully read Seeker's explanation of the Uzzah story and its application to JW posters on this board, you will see that it is NOT God who Seeker believes will kill you for posting on this board. Because you are not disobeying God by posting here. Rather it is the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses/FDS that you are disobeying by posting on this board. And they will kill you, spiritually speaking, if they find you making a PRACTICE of posting in such a place!

You, as so many Witnesses before you and as others likely yet to come, make the grave mistake that the CCoJW = Jehovah God himself.

This is a fallacy, and you will actually learn that if you stick around here and ignore the flame posts and pay attention to the thoughtful exposes on the WT Society and its history of failed prophecy and unloving conduct.

If you do stay and learn, and suffer the crisis of faith and the grief of having invested so much of yourself in a lie, I will be more than happy to try to comfort you as you experience what it is to be

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit