CHRISTMAS DINNER WHAT DID TOU ALL HAVE???????++

by vitty 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

A "typical" New England Christmas dinner: Ham, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potato, brussel sprout casserole, green bean casserole, lasagna, macaroni and cheese. All the extras that go with it.........chocolates and nuts........all upscale, of course..........and two kinds of wine......a light Zinfandel, and a spiced, heated red...........I was extremely proud of my new consciousness and commitment to watching my food intake..............this is the beginning, for me, of getting into a pattern of getting more healthy.............which includes losing weight and exercising. After dinner, some of us women went for a walk and took the dogs..........a mutt and a dachsund. The temp. was a cool 29 degrees.........as we walked further, the twilight began to set in...........the sky started out as a light pink toward the horizon and deepened til it became magenta.........with a slight area of light yellow..............it was gorgeous...........by the time we walked about a mile, it was time to turn back........the temp. was slowly dropping........our thighs and exposed faces were stinging with cold............the dogs were still full of beans.......the dachsund, named Sultan, had walked ME the whole time......LOL.........we arrived back at the candlelit, warm house where Eggnog flavored coffee awaited us. SIGH........................

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Happy Guy - may I be in your family too please??

Sunnygal - you're such a terrific gal...what can I say?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Seeit.........love you too, hon!

• Gill
    Gill

Chicken, steak, stuffing, yorkshire puds, carrots, peas, green beans, roast spuds, gravy followed by trifle, jelly, Xmas cake and a nice cup o' tea!

• Mulan
    Mulan

We had a Prime Rib Roast with lots of horseradish, baked potatoes with butter and sour cream, green bean casserole, and Yorkshire pudding................and a fine red wine. I didn't make dessert because we have all been overeating for DAYS!!

It was great.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

We Had:

Ham, Turkey, Chicken, Roast Beef, Fried Shrimp,(saying it like Bubba) Ribs, Mashed Potatoes(Gravy), Mixed Veggies, Salad, Chicken Salad, Noodle Salad....god there was everything!

Yeah we didn't make it we went out to eat! Yay!

Brooke

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

WT: We missed you too...from now on I will not put Brandy in my eggnog

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

My daughter, her fiance, grands, my son and fiance, and another friend drove up from Chicago Christmas day, and spent the night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit