1,200,000 Publishers left between 1993-2002

by Bluegrass Tom 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• one
    one

Imo only baptized and death should be considered,

find out how many were baptized jw by 1993, lets say, add the number of baptized every year until 2003

estimate how many should be dead by 2003 .

the reason for not considering the number of publisher is because

a new publishers does not need to be baptized BUT usually does within months, or become inactive. There is no way, imo, to calculate the number of publisher that never get baptized.

By only counting baptized jw you deal with confirmed net results on a yearly basis.

Can anyone do the math?

• one
    one

edited

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

One, while an unbaptized publisher may not be a JW per se they still has a much more active participation level than most card carrying members of most other churches do (case in point I'm still considered a member of my wife's church and I haven't even attended services in over a year and a half.)

When the worldwide or US numbers start to fall lower they'll use the publisher numbers to support the idea of "new growth"

• lilybird
    lilybird

When we were "vacation" pioneering, we would go and stand on the main corner downtown and hold up our Awake mags and talk to anyone who would listen, Then we would go for coffee and to the service meeting before field service and then on to field service for the morning.. That way we could count 2 extra hours as we would count right thru the service meeting,, lots of sister did it.. really helped rack up the hours. Embarrassing standing on the corner like a hooker though :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit