My sad news

by Fe2O3Girl 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

As some of you on the board knew I was expecting a baby, I feel I should let you know that things have not worked out for us.

When I went for the 20 week ultrasound scan last Thursday, severe problems were found with our baby's internal development. Only one kidney was detected, and it was very enlarged and polycystic. There was no long term hope for the baby at all; if it survived to full term it could only live for hours at most.

As all previous tests had shown no problems at all, this was a bad shock.

Last Sunday morning I went into hospital to be induced, and our little boy was born at 4pm on Monday afternoon. He was perfectly formed, just tiny (less than 1lb), and we were able to spend some time with him. It was a huge comfort to me that my husband Grant could stay with me all the time I was in hospital.

Before we started trying for a baby I felt that our life together was really wonderful, and if we had a family together, that would be the icing on the cake. If we didn't have a baby, we would still have the "cake". Although this is a very sad time, we do still have all that we had six months ago. In fact, I feel that I have more, as I am more sure of the absolute love and commitment of my husband than I have ever been.

Once we have had the post-mortem results (which will take some weeks), I hope that we will be able to try again.

• Sirona
    Sirona

So so sorry.

I know what it is like to lose a child but mine were early miscarriages. I can't imagine how hard this must have been (and is) for you.

(((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Please please know that you can phone me whenever you want. We should meet up, we keep saying we will.

I will PM you.

Sirona

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

O my. I am so sorry to hear that. ((((((((((((Fe203Girl))))))))))))) You and Grant are in my prayers.

Love,

Andi

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry to hear....

Blondie and Irreverent

• prophecor
    prophecor

My sincerest of condolences go to you and your husband.

It is one of the greatest of things that a man can do, that of sticking by his wife in a time of complete crisis and does solidify the the bonds that exist between husband and wife.

My thoughts and prayers go with you.

• shotgun
    shotgun

So sorry for your loss (((((Fe203girl))))

• franklin J
    franklin J

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you--

frank

• Bryan
    Bryan

I too am very sorry for your loss. ((((((Fe203girl)))))

Bryan

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad news. So very sorry.

DY

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

{{{Fe203 and Husband}}}
    I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss:( May you continue to find hope in your commitment to each other, and may the love you share help you to heal.

Regards,
    Cicatrix

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit