JW reaction to the UN coverup

by redskymedic 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

It won't affect most JWs. Like others pointed out, they'll assume the document was created by apostates and someone "hacked" the UN site to get it posted. Or if they finally believe the UN wrote it, it won't matter...the UN is Satan's organization and you can't trust them.

• shotgun
    shotgun

When the elders dropped by last year one said it was an apostate lie while the other said no it's true but they needed the membership for a library card...then all the bobbleheads came out, outwardly they all reply so what...inside the mind must be screaming.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    He said it was a fake at first, but I managed to convince him otherwise at which point he said he wasn't bothered about it. He looked pretty suprised when I said that the witnesses in Malawi who were persecuted for not being able to join a political organisation were probably pretty bothered about it.

Ha! Good call, Gadget! I'll have to remember that.

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

This post made me remember my first posts.... When I found about the UN scandal on the internet, I told a good friend of mine, an Elder in my congregation about it. He left the watchtower whith his whole family (4 people), me & my family (5 people) left too, some relatives (5 people) & a friend (1 more) also!. My elder friend was DA'ed. I knew the big fish in my country so I told them... I was visited twice by the elders (friends too) & they where speechless... they had no answer, but they left me alone (they have remained friendly but they know I will never go back). I just barely escaped DF'ing & had to fade.

From that time up to now, I have told some more JW friends about it, I hope seeds
    where planted.

Caballo Sentado.

• Bryan
    Bryan

IMO:

The very fact that the r&f say it's all lies, and that it is all propaganda by the apostates, proves it is a very bad thing for the org. If they refuse to believe it, then certainly, if they could open their eyes, it would wreck their faith in the WTB&TS.

It is not a careless association for the bOrg.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    He looked pretty suprised when I said that the witnesses in Malawi who were persecuted for not being able to join a political organisation were probably pretty bothered about it.

That's an excellent point! Too bad many in Malawi are not bothered at all because "the dead are concious of nothing at all."

Any Dub who could get through the 1995 "new light" that essentially erased "Our Creator's PROMISE" would have no problem ignoring the UN evidence. (or vice-versa -- I'm not sure which came first.)

Sad bunch of cultists.

• VM44
    VM44

What I don't like is when the WT says that "the conditions for being a NGO changed" and that they could not agree with the new conditions.

Did the NGO requirements REALLY change during the TEN years they were with the UN? Or did the they really know all the time what the requirements were, and just hoped no one would notice they were signed up with the UN?

Again, sounds like someone with a typewriter trying to think of a good way to explain things.

They are Masters of Propaganda and Spin Control.

--VM44

• PurePeople
    PurePeople

What I don't like is when the WT says that "the conditions for being a NGO changed" and that they could not agree with the new conditions.

Does the WT say that "the conditions for being a NGO changed"? Here you can find the WT's official response http://www.randytv.com/secret/wtresponseun.htm It says that "Still, the Criteria for Association of NGOs ? at least in their latest version ? contain language that we cannot subscribe to. " Someone may conclude that "at least in their latest version" means that the criteria have been changed. But if the criteria had been unchanged from the start - which seems to be true - you could refer to the (unchanged) criteria as "the latest version". I consider the WT's official response is a vague reply - intentionally.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

A writer claiming to be a Jehovah's Witness has a good rebuttal to the Watchtower's claim at

http://e-watchman.com/commentaries/feb_14_wt_ngo_statement.html

• lentilstew
    lentilstew

First poster. . .

I was a Bethelite from 92-94 and was very close with Ciro Aulicino - the man who usually went to the UN library - and his wife. He was very public with everyone about the fact that he went there every week (I believe Wednesdays) and looked over any new information that could tip the Society off to the identity of the king of the north. I was a brand new Bethelite at the time, so I hadn't been tested as to any sort of criteria of whether I could "keep a secret" or not.

Like someone else posted, you can now get any of that information nowadays without being a UN NGO member. So it was no skin off their back to lose that status.

Plus, I don't think they thought it was a big deal in the first place, which is why they never made much public mention of it. So when it got blown up into a big scandal, they probably took the quiet road and made a form letter and hoped to be done with it.

My .o2 cents.

LS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit