JW reaction to the UN coverup

by redskymedic 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I have got the same response as Candidlynuts. My family has said that it is from apostates. I have stated that it is a stamped letter head etc. It's not from an apostate site. They just find some way to excuse it away, usually by changing the subject. It's pathetic. I don't even bother anymore. I am biding my time.

• Pole
    Pole

When I first brought this issue up with my elders they had no clue bout it. But they still had elaborate justifications. I realized with horror that even the nicest JWs are programmed to deal with the truth about the Truth.

They have a very generic algorithm. The content of the information you present is unimportant. The question they ask is this: "Is this information

a) upbuilding
    b) destructive

to the organization?".

If the answer is b then why should we believe it?

Simple.

Pole

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

pole:

They have a very generic algorithm. The content of the information you present is unimportant. The question they ask is this: "Is this information

a) upbuilding
    b) destructive

to the organization?".

If the answer is b then why should we believe it?

Simple.

Excellent post pole. I've seen this attitude so many times, but would never have thought of expressing it like this. So simple, but makes a huge statement!!

Bull!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

For the past 2+ years, I've let a sister come and...studywith me. Several months ago, I whipped out the UN Letter. She and her partner read it. Her partner got mad...and asked me in a very nasty tone..."Why are you studying anyway?" I just smilled and said "Whatcha mean" Anyway the the sister that studys with me, said that something was wrong and that it was all lies. I told her I didn't think so, but she could take the letter with her and find out where the lies are comming from. She didn't take the letter and has never been back her again while I was home. She comes now when my car isn't in the driveway and drops off magazines.

• blondie
    blondie
    She comes now when my car isn't in the driveway and drops off magazines.

Lisa, I wonder if she counts it as a return visit?

I can remember my true believer days when a student brought up an issue that I knew was not in any WT publications...I cut and ran too...but I remembered it and it contributed to my eventual leaving the WTS.

Blondie

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Lisa, I wonder if she counts it as a return visit?

Blondie, that's what I think is going on now.

I can remember my true believer days when a student brought up an issue that I knew was not in any WT publications...I cut and ran too...but I remembered it and it contributed to my eventual leaving the WTS.
    and,......That's what I'm hope'in for,.....
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

A Jehovah's Witness apologist (Marko) at another ex-JW site is making all kinds of excuses for the Watchtower's participation in a NGO. Go to

http://watchtowerinformationservice.org/gb/guestbook.htm

P.S. The debate starts on page 75.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I emailed my mom about it and this is her direct quote,

"I know that the "Watchtower
    Bible & Tract Society" is not a 'member' of any worldly organization.
    They may have been 'listed' as a user, but not as a 'member'. The
    fastest way for you to confirm this would be to call them in NY."

So I sent her everything printed directly from the UN's website. That has been a few days and I've had no response. But of course I could have just called the Watchtower Society in NY and asked them. LOL.

But I think with everything else, it will just be shrugged off, I do believe that some of the members are more like the wife that sits home with full knowledge that her husband is cheating on her with some tramp waitress or whatever, but chooses to ignore it and chooses to smile when he comes home and pretend like everything is just perfect.

Ignorance is sometimes a choice.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

When I told my parents, my mother said, "They were just there 'observing.'" When I explained to her the requirements of an NGO, she just said, "Oh." Then she shrugged it off.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The majority of JWs haven't a clue about the UN scandal. The rest think it was a mistake and Jehovah straightened out finally when they disassociated themselves from the UN.

Just can't win with a staunch JW!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit