I'm going to start my Xmas shopping tomorrow-1st time!

by redhotchilipepper 18 Replies latest jw friends

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I'm so excited! I can't wait! I have a cold though! I better be up for it! I'm getting my son an airhockey table! It's actually for me! He just thinks it's for him. He's getting me a remote control corvette. tee hee. I can't wait. Either that or he's getting me a bar fridge. Hey I have my priorities in life. Right! I said ok, if you can't afford that then just buy me flatwear. That is so boring. But hey the kids broke. I can dream! RIGHT! Maybe I'll just buy myself the remote control corvette, and the bar fridge and say it's from him. yeah, I'm liking that Idea. We went and looked at airhockey tables together. I thought they were going to kick us out of the store. We were getting kinda silly. He deserves it though. All those Xmas' that we missed. We have to catch up. Does anybody feel like that? Is anybody else celebrating their first Christmas not being a JW? CHEERS!!!!!!!!!

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I know, I know, don't start in on me! I know I'm leaving it kinda late but I was short on cash. I have my cash now and it's time to shop!!!, til I drop! Spoken like a true fembot! No I don't take drugs!

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I know that's what you guys were thinking! It's late and I can't sleep again! My throat hurts!

• under74
    under74

"No I don't take drugs!"

Are you sure? You always sound REAL excited...

• under74
    under74

;)

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

Red hot - it's mine and doc's 2nd Christmas and the first I've really gotten into the whole thing. It is so wonderful! Have a wonderful first Christmas!!

• Balsam
    Balsam

This is my 3 christmas since leaving the JW. The first year I just could not do it. By the next Christmas I began to get back to celebrating. I had grown up celebrating Christmas till I became a JW at 20. Anyway I thoughly enjoy it. I decorate my home inside and out. And my wonderful husband enjoys it too. He has never been a JW so Christmas has always been special to him. Now my two ex-jw sons join us in celebrating too.

Enjoy your first Christmas, treasure it have fun.

Balsam

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

This is my 8th year celebrating Christmas and I'm still just as excited as the first time. I absolutely love Christmas. I do all of my celebrating with my wife's family. I was just telling my wife last night how I secretly loved Christmas while growing up. Wanted to celebrate it so bad. We went to a Christmas concert last night at the high school to watch my little sister-in-law perform in the band. The high school choir was great too.

I'm going Saturday to buy my wife a few extra things. I always go overboard with gift buying. Guess I'm making up for lost time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The first year (3 years ago) that I decided to celebrate Christmas---I went with a friend that I had met at a support group (for ADHD kids) many years ago. She had always been surprised that I was "one of those JWs".

Anyway we started out going to Big Lots and I was like the virtual kid in a candy store---or a butterfly in a big flower garden! I flitted and flew from aisle to aisle oohing and ahhing over all the great stuff! She ended up telling me what a kick she was getting out of my "WOW" mentality! She admitted she HATES Christmas shopping and trying to get everything done, and my enthusiasm made her stop and think.......

*I* admit that I should start in September (for the gifts) because I still haven't gotten the hang of getting it all together by a certain date yet---since I can't really get out-or for very long-I decided to "make" things as gifts, but the time frame kinda messed me up. I've always been a "crafter"---but didn't have the handicaps to overcome in making things I want to make.

The SPIRIT is there but I need more time! (OUCH-bad flashback here-ugh) but I LOVE all the new things in the stores that were'nt around back in the sixties before I started to "study". It's so FUN!

So-happy first Christmas, RHC, and have a wonderful time being able to openly drool over all the "stuff"!

hugs

Annie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Red Hot -

Mrs AK and I are doing the first one for us. Neither of us has ever celebrated Christmas - she was born a witness and I was raised around the 'truth' - but Mom always enforced the rules and I became a teenage witness - now we are both getting close to 50. We are still not officially DF'd, so we have to be a little bit low-key, but we have a tree up, and I know Mrs has bot a bunch of gifts for the G-children ect.

After a lifetime of not celebrating I am not all that excited one way or the other about the celebration - but I do like a few lights ect - I think next year will be the big one for us - Mrs Ak has stated so - by then the watchtower spies will prob nail us anyway - so we may have a big one and invite people in from this board

Have a Happy one -

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit