Elders raid a SDA church!

by ozziepost 55 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Barry:

My informant usually, as in this case, comes "first hand".

Ozzie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You may now like to read the sequel: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/81953/1.ashx

• JH
    JH

If the elders break into churches, they must break into this place too.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    If the elders break into churches, they must break into this place too.

You can be sure of it! I've already been contacted about this thread!!!! Ozzie

• Dansk
    Dansk
    You can be sure of it! I've already been contacted about this thread!!!!

• steve2
    steve2

I will probably get slammed for this, but I remember a great controversy within the SDA church just a few short years ago in which well-regarded church leaders in the USA were defrocked by that church for questioning the teachings of Ellen White. An expose by these unfrocked leaders came out entitled The White Lie and church members were warned not to read it. Sound familiar? Certainly, the SDAs I spoke to were scornful of the book even though they had not bothered to read it. Sound familiar?

Also, locally, there is a breakaway SDA church which has been trying for months to stop the big SDA church organisation from taking over possession of its church building (Woodville, New Zealand.) The members of this church claim it is their building, purchased and refurbished from their own money, but the big SDA church has been dragging it through the courts. Members of this local church have reported experiences that are reminiscent of aspects of what ex-Jws typically experience when they dare to question the Watchtower.

I?m sure that, if any SDAs read this, they?ll be able to justify it, chapter and verse. Sound familiar?

Okay, the SDA church may not be as authoritarian as the JWs, and I do admire the SDAs emphasis on charitable works. However, I can?t help but think, "Out of the frypan and into the fire" (although this may not hold much meaning to either JWs or SDAs, given the rejection of the literal fires of hell). My tongue is in cheek on this latter point, but the earlier points I made are harder to get around.

Maybe the two JW elders just wanted to say to the Witness man: "Hey what are you leaving us for? What have the SDAs got that we haven?t?" I can see it now: The JW elders will want the Witness to read "The White Lie" and the SDAs will want the Witness man to read "Crisis of Conscience".

Oh dear: on and on and on and on it goes with organized religions

! I?m bracing myself for the slamming!

steve

• barry
    barry

G,Day Steve,

Are you ready for the Slamming? here goes

Walter Rea wrote the White lie but he was only a small fish.

In Crisis of Conscience page 5 it there talks about Desmond Ford an SDA professor who was defrocked for taking issue with the Adventist teaching of 1844. If you have a copy look it up. Notice Des was removed from his teaching post but he was not disfellowshiped and he continues to speak in Adventist circles. The fact is we love our Apostates and they remain members of our church and many of us happen to agree with them including myself. Actually SDAs no longer disfellowship the most they will do is ask you to leave if you were to be disruptive.

The Adventists in contact with the ex JW person may agree with Des too as there are many groups in the Adventist community who have differing views.

And the fires of hell, yes SDAs do beleive in hellfire check with youre SDA friends. They just dont beleive the fires of hell are forever. Barry

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for your reply, Barry. You spoke clearly and I didn't think you slammed me at all. You made a lot of sense. You sound like someone who has a wider a much more compassionate understanding of those whose views differ from official SDA teachings. It sounds as though SDAs in general may be more generous in their acceptance of difference than I gave them credit.

I'm still a bit uneasy though. The SDAs I know locally are kind of fundamentalist in their outlook. True, they don't disfellowship or excommunicate as per the JWs. But they're pretty judgemental and condescending in their appraisal of ex-SDAs motives and intentions. They're also very defensive about anyone questioning Ellen White's "teachings", almost the same way JWs become very defensive when the Watchtower is questioned.

steve

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

What I noticed among French SDAs is that there is a big difference between a sort of "elite", which is better educated and more open-minded (on the field of critical Bible studies, for instance) than its Evangelical equivalent, and the average church member who may sound much more "fundamentalist".

• badboy
    badboy

Should someone check to see if any demons have possessed these elders breaking into a place assoiceted with BABYLON THE GREAT!

An exorcism might be in order!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit