Elders raid a SDA church!

by ozziepost 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Yes, yes, I wanna read a follow up, too.

Thanks, Ozzie.

GL

• Balsam
    Balsam

Wow that seems pretty extreme. I have heard of Elders here in the USA sitting outside churches trying to catch inactive witnesses exiting so they can be rid of them through disfellowshipping. I also know that Elders took turns sitting in front of a single sisters house trying to catch her in the act of fornicating by allowing a worldly boyfriend in her house without a chaperon in attendance. This went on for weeks. She was finally disfellowshipped because she got pregnant. And she was an Elder's daughter.

I thought that was creepy back then. I don't think from talking to an Elder 4 years ago that is a practice they do anymore. The WTS used to encourage that years ago. Perhaps those two Elders were of the old school. But even then going into the Church to speak to this man is shocking to say the least. What freaks.

Balsam

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

just crazy

Curious how it's going on.

• badboy
    badboy

WHAT THIS!

BREAKING INTO A PLACE ASSOCIATED WITH BABYLON THE GREAT!

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS ,MAN!

• lawrence
    lawrence

If the man wasn't there, do you think they'd ask for a copy of the 'Great Controversy'?

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

What an utter lack of respect for other people. How would they like it if someone "raided" them? Whether or not you agree with a particular religion's beliefs, you don't just burst in on their services.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Are there any news article links about this?

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

What a disgusting display of lack of manners

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Arrogance as well as paranoia. Really it's sad that people can twist their thinking around into thinking that sort of behavior is Christian.

"The tighter your grip, the more worlds that will slip through your fingers." -- Star Wars

• PinTail
    PinTail

Well" you ever heard of how crazy the Tasmanian Red Devil is, I rest my case.

Shane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit