Elders raid a SDA church!

by ozziepost 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

Ozzie, do they have cameras in that neck of the woods? If they do, why didn't they use it or they don't know how to use a camera? They could have taken a picture of him coming out of the Church or apply their famous 'two-witness' rule.

This is an 'absurd' and shameful story.

Guest77

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Clearly the arrogance of the WTS knows no bounds!

Perhaps a better, more refined take would be that the arrogance of these two "elders" in the discharge of their "duties" was certainly apparent. Fanaticism manifested. Terri

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Elders in my area have been known to visit churches. A friend of mine said they come to her church a few times a year, sit there and take notes, then go up to the pastor afterwards and tell him everything he said that was wrong! I have visited this church on a few occasions, and wondered if there were any elders lurking around - although it's in a different territory and they probably wouldn't know me anyways.

Can you imagine? Must have been short on their hours.

BB

• blondie
    blondie
    Elders in my area have been known to visit churches. A friend of mine said they come to her church a few times a year, sit there and take notes, then go up to the pastor afterwards and tell him everything he said that was wrong!

Bee, I don't think this a standard, authorized WTS practice. It is probably a personal idiosyncrasy that would get the average rank and file around here DF'd.

Ask ozziepost what he did that was so bad to get DF'd.

Blondie

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, numbers must really be slipping if they have to form a posse and go on a man-hunt !

• upside/down
    upside/down

Just got off the phone with me "in" in the bOrg. He's a "big shot", but nice.

Anyway he says they can't hardly get ANYONE to come to meetings. He says it's pandemic! And this man is very conservative and NEVER says anything negative especially of the bOrg.

u/d

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Bull shit until I see something in a news paper.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

I'm sure Today Tonight or A Current Affair would be interested in this story...

• Listener
    Listener

Given that one of those shows calls themself a CURRENT Affair, I don't think they would be interested in something that may have happened 8 years ago.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Given that one of those shows calls themself a CURRENT Affair, I don't think they would be interested in something that may have happened 8 years ago.

Maybe the History Channel would be interested in picking the story up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit