Elders raid a SDA church!

by ozziepost 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Quotes
    Quotes

The funny thing is.... (here I put the JW's shoe on the other foot)

If, say, a pair of SDA ministers had entered a KH, and interrupted the "religious" service therein, for whatever reason, the JWs would be up in arms, crying "Help! Persecution! Persecution!"

Seriously, can you imagine how upset and indignant JWs would be it this happened to them????

In this hypothetical situation, I suspect the JWs would use the fact it was TWO, not just one, minister to "prove" that it was "organized persuction", not just the random act of one confused minister.

And of course, being "persecuted" would therefore prove Watchtowerism is the True Religion(tm) and that we are In The Time Of The End(tm).

Of course, in the case cited by Ozzie, the elders no doubt felt justified in their actions..... what does the scriptures say about "double standards" and "two sets of scales"?????

~Quotes, of the "Disrupted my Calculus" class

P.S. I'm pretty sure disrupting a religious service is a crime in Canada; I wonder if it is a crime Down Under? And if so why have the Elders not been charged?

• Dawn
    Dawn
    I also know that Elders took turns sitting in front of a single sisters house trying to catch her in the act of fornicating by allowing a worldly boyfriend in her house without a chaperon in attendance. This went on for weeks.

Too bad they thought spending time "staking out a weak one" was well spent. I think it would have been better to spend their time trying to help someone - perhaps inviting her to dinner and encouraging her instead of trying to hang her!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Too bad they thought spending time "staking out a weak one" was well spent. I think it would have been better to spend their time trying to help someone - perhaps inviting her to dinner and encouraging her instead of trying to hang her!

You have to remember, they could not risk having an "evil one" in the congregation because this could cause "Jehover's Blessings" to be removed from the congregation!

I recall how the elders would go on a "witch hunt" every time something bad happened to the congregation, such as poor attendance or low field service time. They would keep going until they found someone, ANYONE, to blame for causing "Jehover's Blessings" to leave the congregation.

Oddly enough, this never really seemed to help anything... so they just kept going after one person after another..........................

• barry
    barry

Im SDA but I havent read about that one in the media yet . must have missed it.

I would of thought SDAs and JWs get on allright. Quite a few years ago I was asked to go to the memorial so I asked my SDA minister did he want to come along. Anyway he decided to come along at the last minute. Anyhow he got on well with the elders and to my suprise he knew them all very well. Barry

• avishai
    avishai

They think they're Cops. But they're tactics are virtually indisstinguishable from the Gestapo. They've staked out my house and others. Due to "theocratic warfare strategy" they think they are above the law.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

The man should write the socity and say he saw two elders going into this other church on sunday when they should have been at the meeting... hahahaha explain that away butt munchers!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

They are absolutely disgusting. JW's think they are above everything and everybody. I'm sure glad I am out.

How bizarre! What on earth possessed those Tasmanian elders to do such a thing? Clearly the arrogance of the WTS knows no bounds!

Just wondering if they would "boldly" walk into the church I am now attending less than a quarter mile from the KH I used to go to? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........2 elders disrupting a wonderful service with about 300 in attendance. My pastor knows my story and one day he will have a program featuring ME of all people talking about the danger of the cult. I'm slowly putting things together and will be asking for assistance on this forum when the time comes.

HappyDad

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What a fine witness those elders gave to those churchgoers! Surely, from their zeal, the SDA churchgoers can see how deeply they honor Jehovah's name and conduct themselves as true disciples of Jesus.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Im SDA but I havent read about that one in the media yet

Why would it be in the media? Ahhh, now there's a thought!

• barry
    barry

come on Ozzie where did you get youre information from. Do you get the Record but I havent seen it in that either. I just hope the ex JW is with a group of Gospel SDAs. Barry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit