2004 Worlwide Report

by frogit 53 Replies latest jw friends

• window man
    window man

at first we were taught that this generation will not pass away it good they changed that so the anointed can now live forever

• seedy3
    seedy3

country girl, I don't know if anyone mentioned this about Yap, but aside from stone money, the women run around with no tops on. and it's shameful to wear shorts that show the thigh. Men mostly wear a g-string type of clothing, even when doing bussiness with westerners. Yap is a part of the Federated States of Micronesia, I really wonder why they list Yap, Chuuk, Poenpae, and Kosarie as different countires, becvasue they are all one.

Seedy

• observador
    observador
    Yap is a part of the Federated States of Micronesia, I really wonder why they list Yap, Chuuk, Poenpae, and Kosarie as different countires, becvasue they are all one

Oh.... Now I see why they are in soooooo many "lands"... and love to brag about it... Oh, I see...

As for Brazil, I'll tell you: growth there at 4% percent is real bad. Don't have all the stats in front of me now, but not long ago it used to be 12%, 10%, 8%... and now 4%. Brazilians are getting smarter and smarter...

Observador.

• battman
    battman

To Seedy3,

Good point about counting different islands of the same country as different "lands". The Borg also does this same feat of mental gynmastics with Hawaii and Alaska.

What would the estimate be of the % of those being baptised that are immediate family members?. Extended family? As mentioned before in a good post about applying business practices to the Trooth then it is important to look into the deeper fiqures to see where your customers are coming from. Then once you know that source, then you put extra effort into that area. With the Borg it is all smoke and mirros as they will do anything, say anything to keep themselves in business. The most successful businessess are often the ones who do not put the profit motive first. By having a passion for excellent they attract a loyal following that is pleased to give them their business thereby in the long run become very profitable. Often these companies are run by one person with a burning desire for excellence and wants to share that vision.

Once the second generation, usually a comittee, takes over the trend is downward until the next savior.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and very Happy Holidays to all.

battman

• bebu
    bebu

I must be very nearsighted. I could find Yap, but not China, on this report. With 20% or so of the world's population (somewhere like that, anyway), I wonder why China doesn't have mention on this report. It wasn't even listed under Republic of China.

If it's there, please tell me the page. Otherwise I'm left with the conviction that there is no concern at all about this country. (Not that I'd want them to have it.)

bebu

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey bebu,

They never put China on the report. It's one of the 29 "other" countries, noted at the very end. I think it's because the Witnesses are banned there.

SNG

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

They got their work cut out for themselves in Bangladesh. 1.3 million non-JWs per publisher. Can you imagine what the ratio must be in China?

• bebu
    bebu
    "During the 2004 service year, Jehovah?s Witnesses spent over $93 million in caring for special pioneers, missionaries, and traveling overseers in their field service assignments."

This is from the bottom of the report. This gives me some questions.

1) what does "caring for special pioneers, missionaries, and traveling overseers in their field service assignments" actually mean? Are there sponsored JW missionaries, etc.? Or is this the expense account for overseers and the like?

2) What is the ratio of the WTS's total assets to $93 m?

3) What is the ratio of the 2004 annual received funds to the $93 m?

There is a well-known organization for Christian charities called the ECFA (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability) which works (thru strict audits and reports) to help insure that there is no fraudulent or wasteful spending of funds. Many charities will give an annual report by breakdown of income and expenses. Does the WT do this?

Just curious.

bebu

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Many charities will give an annual report by breakdown of income and expenses. Does the WT do this?

LOL. No.

I don't think that even any WT apologists here would be capable of imagining that level of transparency in the organization.

SNG

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Actually they do have to file extensive reports to retain charitable statis. The reports would not be "encouraging" to JWs however, as they reveal money laundering type scams to keep the money moving. It was posted here some time ago the report from the Bristish Branch that claimed to provide literature free of charge as a charity and claimed to have to pay Brooklyn retail for the literature. They also charged Brooklyn big bucks for the room aand board of the workers. It's all a money game. No real charititable work is done but it all can be made to look as if it falls within the definition of a legal charity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit