2004 Worlwide Report

by frogit 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

What a pitiful report......okay let's break it down another way:

Here in Canada, there was 18,840,112 hours faked in Service with a measley 2,210 baptized. That means that 8,529 hours were spent on getting ONE person to convert. Actually, it's probably even more than that, because the majority of those getting baptized are ones who were raised in "the Truth"---not converts. And while they put down that the increase was "0", it actually should be a negative. In 2004, there were 108,012 Witnesses, but the year before there were 108,409!! So basically, over 18 million hours were put in to secure a negative growth.

It's pretty much the same in the States. Over 189,000,000 hours put in with another negative growth.....but! the "waters of Babylon are "drying up"

Surely this is another fine indication that Jehovah is NOT blessing this Organization!!

• battman
    battman

Hi Candid,

I divided the world population by the number of "Publishers" and arrived at a ratio of 1,000 to 1.

Therefor for each publisher they are responsible to preach to 1,000 people. If they are zealous then they might get 100 hrs service per year. Figure finding 3 householders actually home when they call would equal a total of 300 "contacts". I guess the other 700 just are SOL.

Now factor in the 15 minute folks and also a "fudge" factor on real time spent and the ratio would be much higher.

battman

• battman
    battman

Another view of the figures would be divide the number of new publishers into the total world wide hours.

About 5,827 hours per convertee. However 20% or about 40,000 came from only one country, Mexico.

Now dividing the number of new publishers, minus those from Mexico, would yield an effort of 7,122 hours/conversion.

I am very curious to know the number of new publishers that are not "family" members, etc.

Presuming even just half are family that would equal 90,000 actual new converts worldwide, except Mexico, for a stunning 14,244hours of service to save one single soul.

Joe Hover sure runs one very effieient organ i zation. NOT

batt

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thanks battman. i suck at math!

• glitter
    glitter

*Counts on fingers*

Adding last year's figures to this year's baptisms and they should have broken 7 million.

Take off *this* year's number of publishers, and include this year's baptisms as publishers, and they're missing 266,959 faithful. They can't *all* have died...

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I suppose on the upside, it seems there are less negatives than in previous years but on the other hand there seems to be more zeros.

The comments on Mexico are interesting - a lot of effort from one country.

If you really want to ponder the "and this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth and then the end will come", have a look at India. Only a 3% increase. Given the preaching work has took over a 100 years in the USA to get from a relative few to a million, or put another way to 1 publishers to 283 of population, at the rate they are going in India they will never get there. Their birth rate is just about that.

Another thought occurs to me. If instead of preaching, 1.2 billion hours were spent working at the rate of just 1 US dollar an hour, think of how many hospitals, schools and other beneficial projects could have been paid for.

Eyeslice

• battman
    battman

Hi Mary,

Your analysis on Canada got me thinking. I added up all the hours from those countries that either had zero or negative growth. There were plenty of countries at 1%, like France with 18,000,000 hours, that I was sorely wanting to add.

That totaled 469,066,000 hours or 37% of their effort totally wasted!!! At $10 per hour they could have "donated" $4.6 billion to feed, house and provide medical care to those in real need.

Tends to make me rather ill and quite angry. I hate waste and stupidity. Unfortunately the above is summed up by the ave. Dub with the scripture proof "love of the greater number will cool" blah, blah, blah.

Batt

of the "way too much time (hours) on my hands" class.

• battman
    battman

Further more....

If the "love of the greater number" is cooling then how come the Borg dosen't declare this wonderful news from the pages of their rags?

Seems to me they are still touting the growth mode

batt

of the "enough of this today" class

• Joker10
    Joker10

Oh, c'mon.

We know that much time is not spent in the ministry! The amount of time preaching for one person baptized should be at least 75% less. Witnesses go out in pairs. Don't you guys remember that? They don't talk to somebody every minute of every hour reported!

• catchthis
    catchthis

To get a grasp on where the organization is heading, you first must put on your corporate thinking cap. Afterall, the WTBTS is simply a book and magazine publishing corporation.

If I were the CEO, I would first look at the numbers provided from years past and how it compares to the most recent data released. In industrialized nations, there appears to be negative or no growth, ACROSS THE BOARD. In 3rd world countries and also others known for not having easy informative access such as the internet, positive growth is a little more apparent. Less people coming in and more going out generally means declining revenues. Since the industrialized nations most likely carry other poorer countries in terms of revenue producing income, and without seeing individual country dollar figures, this area could be considered a wash.

So where does the money come in from? The largest portion comes in the form of direct donations from the publishers. The next major portion would probably be from donations to cover the costs of the literature. Wills, trusts, stocks, bonds, and real estate are nearer at the end I'm guessing. If my company's profits are beginning to trend downward, I need to attack that area, or areas, of declining revenue. What is causing it? I think we can all agree that "an informed witness is an ex-witness." The internet is wreaking havoc on the WTBTS. Too much sensitive and damaging information is getting into the hands of the R&F witness in the privacy of their own home. As the CEO, I know that I cannot put an outright ban on witnesses going on the web. The web is ubiquitous these days and is used extensively for business purposes. Many witnesses would rebel against a ban as more and more of them are getting computers and finding them very useful in everyday activities. If I cannot stop witnesses from getting on the web, reading about my corporation's twisted past and then leaving because I misrepresented my company, then I need to find other areas to trim back to stop or slow the lost revenue.

Where would I look to slow this revenue drop? The actual printing itself is one major area. If it takes 1,000 hours to produce one convert(increase that time for children of witness parents being baptized), then how many magazines are handed out without asking for a donation for every convert? Our company has already pounded and pounded the idea of the donation arrangement into every service meeting - at least the publishers are supposed to ask for a donation in their demonstrations. Should we cut back on the magazine distribution timeframe? How about combine the WT and Awake into one magazine? Instead of twice a month, how about just once? This alone would cut expenditures on printed materials by almost 50-75%. And the books? Well, we already did away with hardcover and we also cut the physical size of most books to roughly 50% of the older larger ones. Can we take advantage of electronic distribution? Would some witnesses prefer to print out Adobe PDF files of the magazines? Instead of offering the WT and Awakes at the doors, why not switch to using just tracts? Save the magazines for studies and witnesses themselves. Tracts would cost less to produce and effectively carry the same message as the magazines.

These are just a few ways to cut back on expenditures. Of course, we would need to mask these changes as being for the better good and to also show a progressive proactive stance so that the witnesses do not become disheartened as to the lack of spiritual food that they were once accustomed to getting. We can use words like: compressed, simple, cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and others that show we are trying to fit as much spiritual food as we can into one magazine without wasting the paper it is written on. If we see that donations continue to trend downwards, disfellowshippings must occur. We must always keep the fear of our God-given authority firmly entrenched into their minds. If they feel that they do not want to help towards to worldwide work, then they can leave. A non-donating witness is the same as a worldly person in our eyes. Dead money.

Ok, so the last part may not happen, but the rest very well could.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit