I have been gone - an update if you care

by jwbot 27 Replies latest jw friends

• jwbot
    jwbot

Wow, where to start? Well A couple of months ago, when I went to the assembly, seeing my sisters all skinny, and then going to Bed Bath & Beyond and stepping on a scale....triggered me. I felt so crappy. I did not know my weight but I did not think I weighed THAT much. Mike felt crappy to. We bought the scale. We did research...turns out we were both "obese". From that point a couple months ago, we made a change. When we went food shopping we looked at what we bought, decided to never buy a couple things we usually did, and to add some other things to our diet. No more "hungry man" tv dinners. More yogurt, granola, etc. And low-cal, fat-free food does not taste bad at all. Well I have lost 30 lbs!!! I went from a size 15 which was the biggest I had ever been, to a size 10 currently. My goal is to be a size 6 like my sister, I know I can do it. I am also the healthiest I have ever been...even when I was "skinny". Mike and I bought an eliptical machine and we use it every day. I started out barely able to go 5 minutes...to 20 minutes and now I could go an hour and be fine, although 30 min in the morning is good enough for me. I am happy. You know how nice it is to have clothes that you put away because they were too small...to take them out and wear them again? Damn good. My other sister, who also lost weight is anorexic though. She loses weight by fasting and only drinking liquids, etc. Her marriage I believe is falling a part. We have emailed back and forth consistantly, and as unfortunate as it sounds, losing weight is the thing we have in common so she can open up to me. I am so happy she feels she can open up to me. At least she is not a very motivated ana, she eats, just not a lot, and she eats with a lot of guilt :( Her husband is an ass and does not let her speak to me, and he calls her names and it sucks. I think because she got married young she realizes that she has wasted the funnest part of her life. She escapes at her job (and makes more than her hubby for which I believe he is not happy with...) her husband tells her that its her job that is making her depressed...but it is him, her job is a great thing for her. I would like it if she left him and I would let her stay with me...problem is, if she leaves him, it might be for another man...she does not need that she needs to be independant first! As for my school...its finals week...I am doing great in my classes. I have my clssses all lined up for my last semester next semester. Hopefully I will do good and graduate. I am very hopeful about jobs. My fiance Mike is doing great in work, his boss, and the owner of the company all love him, and I think he will be promoted soon...he is already going to get a good xmas bonus in a couple days. Anyway we are getting back on our feet money-wise so things are good on the home front. We want to get another border collie puppy this spring when I graduate. I would love to have 2! Our first dog, Twobit, she is doing great...so lovable. Thats it for now!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Of course I care!!

Thanks for the update.

I am sad you felt crappy but glad you are getting healthy and feeling good about. Glad you are doing it slowly and in a healthful way... a way that you can keep up for life instead of your sister's way thru binging and starving.

So funny you said you felt crappy. I got on the scale yesterday and again this morning........and yep the weight is up. I was already feeling crappy and wondering what was wrong. I have been eating differently for about 1 month.......grilled cheese sandwiches, tamales, rice and beans, etc. Need to switch back to vegetables and proteins. My version of Atkins.

Good luck and thanks for updating us.

Sally, of the wish she had room for a Lifecycle class!

• Soledad
    Soledad

I was wondering about you------congrats on the weight loss!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

that's great, jwbot! good to hear you are feeling better and school and everything is going ok. sorry about your sisters, maybe you being the strong one can give her a little courage.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I care too!!! great news about the weight loss. Wish I could ( like sweets to much)

Good luck in the exams,,,,gotta graduate girl.... (((HUG)))

• franklin J
    franklin J

exercise and diet are so important to us as we get older.

The aerobics and cardio benefits that you will gain from that elipto machine are going to be great....and you will feel and look great too.

I work out everyday and I have never felt better. The body craves the excercise and once you get used to the "high" it gives you ; things will never be the same!

good luck!

Frank

• Fleur
    Fleur

I care too!

Thanks for the update, I am sorry to hear about your sister, oh, she sounds so much like I was when I was a dub :( I hope so much that you can be close despite her cruddy husband. It sounds like she's being abused emotionally and I would bet if he's anything like my ex was, he dictates how much he wants her to weigh :(

Congratulations on the weight loss, that's wonderful! Don't obsess too much on being a certain size...is the size six sister you spoke of the one who's ana? If she is, you might find that you're healthier as a curvy size 8.

Please take this in the spirit that it's offered...as someone who has had an eating disorder (never got treated, managed to survive it) in my teens and twenties. Don't get hung up on size...go by how you feel. Sounds like you feel wonderful...and I cheer you on as you strive toward the goal of being truly healthy!!!

big hugs and it's great to hear from you!!!

essie

(Same essie. lost old esmeralda account info)

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Thats great news!

I was thinking about you a couple of days ago.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for the update!

hugs

stefanie

• avishai
    avishai

Woo-hoo!!! I missed ya a bunch. But couldja please put your pic back in your avatar? You are soooo easy on the eyes!!!!

I'm happy you're doing well getting healthy. your post is inspiring to me, as all i do is sit around and watch my kiddo. i have weights and I think i'm gonna start using them.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Thanks for the update honey.

Congrats on the weight loss! Can we see pics? Also, good job on school! I also did well this semester, I'm really proud of myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit