How many of you still hope to live forever?and where,? based on what?

by ko38 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

We will all find out one day!

It would not be on earth, though -- for the simple reason that the sun won't last forever.

It will one day burn out into a "red giant", which would then completely incinerate the earth.

(This is a phenomenon that is observed already happening to other stars)

Admittedly, in the case of the sun, this is still a long way off:

-but remember - "forever" means with NO end.

My own feelings in the ten years since I broke with the Watchtower madness:

- I don't #*^~ing care!

• wizedup
    wizedup

AK-Jeff, -Once we debunked the WT - now we have to reprogram - and it took me 30 years to get where I am - hope the de-bunking is shorter - For me, it was an earth shattering event to realize the debunking must begin. I was shaken to my senses quite abruptly, not that it should have been that way, mind you, I was just a strong believer and a slow learner. But, once I came to grips with the fact it had to be done, I "house cleaned" in about a year (we just left last year). I'm sure some take a lot longer to heal depending on the severity of pain the WTS has caused, but I felt this way....They stole 33 years of my life, I'm not giving them ONE MINUTE MORE than I have to. Now I'm able to "walk my own walk" and don't need solid answers to all my questions to do it. I know God will lead me. I wish you the best and happiness along the way.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yes.

Based on the facts:

1) I am an immortal spirit being that did something bad in the past.

2) that the whole world is my eternal prison.

3) Part of my punishment is that I had my spirit memories removed.

4) Most of you are obviously bad actors probably not being paid enough to pretend to be human.

5) Some of you are fellow prisoners.

6) A tiny minority are the real humans, the original inhabitants whose DNA the rest of us have copied and adapted, even as we supplanted the original monkey-creatures and drove them into extinction, or in worse cases, service economy jobs.

7) God is not kind enough to let me die. Oh no, I get to hang around for the rest of the universe, watching your mind-numbing torturevision and feeling the omnipotence of my intellect gradually being corroded under an endless stream of Jerry Springer final thoughts and neo-Communist rhetoric.

8) As proof, I present the inherent illogic of our lives on this planet. How long are we going to "almost be out of oil?" Hm? The power source of the future will come from Your Anium??? Mm-hm. The whole cosmos is so obviously the design of somebody who thinks that the 3 Stooges are the height of artistic vision. Which is okay as long as you think the 3 Stooges are funny (I do). But the poor bastards with no sense of humor? They actually chase money around like the paper is worth anything? OR sometimes, even imaginary money - credit cards, savings bonds, and e-commerce? HA!

Sigh... locked in my prison of one million years...

CZAR

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I only hope to make the best out of this life. Whatever happens next, who really knows.

DY

• shotgun
    shotgun

What Nark said!

In Shotgun English...I have scoured the bible and like almost all other promises from the WTBTS the hope is not based on scriptural evidence or teachings let alone taught by Jesus or his Apostles.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I honestly don't know-but I lean more towards "no" since I left the WTS and now read the Bible with fresh eyes. At least I'm free of the constant feelings of being inadequate and that I'm not "doing enough"..... and spending useless hours studying and underlining publications and going to boring meetings that only rehash the same thing year in and year out.

I, too, am of the opinion that since I *am* in the process of uncluttering my mind of 30 years of WT teachings, that I can take it one step at a time. There is no "urgency" to get into something that concerns my eternal life, and I have the same feeling that putting my faith in Jesus Christ as Savior---I'm in pretty good hands!

hugs,

Annie

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I don't know and I don't hope anything special finally about an other existance whatever it is ... it'll happen what will happen, and I guess it will be soon enough (as I'm smoking like a cheminee)

Even as a JW kid I felt from on side (JW's) that I would die (I was soooooo Bad to them) and on the other hand, I was thinking geeez but what have I done exactly to deserve to die forever ... that's when things became incoherent on the JW thinking and bible teaching, I couldn't help myself ... I needed an other GOD ... a god that I could respect, I've tried to respect this one though but ... well it didn't happen ... worse I just forgot about God at the end ... I'm alive now it's cool enough by now (and ... tomorrow is an other day)

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Everything on this planet dies. Energy from the sun sustains us during our life, but everything goes through a cycle, water rains, runs into rivers, soaks dirt, ends up getting evaporated and starts it's cycle once again.

Our life cycle is that we are born, we live, and we eventually get old and die. What is so bad about that concept? I actually can accept the REALITY much easier than the fantasy. It seems perfectly natural to me to accept that one day I will die. It's the cycle of life.

If there is something on the other side, I'm not counting on it. I live the best life I can, and live life to the fullest and hope to grow old after living a very fulfilled long life and after making lots of memories.

ALSO: The JW's interpret that God's original plan was messed up by Satan and then rebellious Adam and Eve, if the plan was sooo perfect, it wouldn't have failed. I think it's the human explanation of what humans believe. Maybe God's plan is exactly what we have, freedom, free will, free choice, and God allows us to enjoy the sun as energy to keep the life cycle going, but complete freedom with everything else.

• Gill
    Gill

Funny, but I just hear Candidlynuts say my words.

I too had to see a therapist a few years back about coming to grips with mortality. Like you Candidilynuts I had been brought up to believe that I would never die. I went on to see a psychiatrist for another six months before things straightened out.

Now like all the others I just hope for good things and accept that inevitably death comes to us all so we should live each day as a precious gift and enjoy every moment with the ones we love.

But, and it's a BIG but, I believe that it will be all right. I"m not able to give any evidence of this or even explain what it means but I believe strongly that whatever happens in the end, it will be nothing to fear.

I"ve had a life time of being afraid of Armageddon and 'the end of the system', now I don't 'fear' any more.

I wish I could quote you some solid evidence but I can't. In the end it appears that good does conquer evil,and what goes around comes around. Divine justice, maybe.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I don't think I ever really believed that I would live forever. It's just preposterous. That would mean that I would be wandering this planet for millions, trillions, billions of years and on and on and on. With the same body, same heart, lungs, skin, etc. Same other people. That means that we would NEVER, ever, ever depleat the earth of its natural resources. It also means - what someone else said - that sun will NEVER burn out. The earth will NEVER be hit by a large meteor.

Up until this point - God seems to live by natural laws - not magic. To believe that a human being was meant to live FOREVER and that the earth will survive FOREVER - requires belief in a great deal of magic.

If you really think the plan through it sounds like misery. I think God has a better plan than that. Something that maybe we can't even dream up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit