Ozzie's Weekend poll #121 - Late for the meeting?

by ozziepost 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

We were always late for everything.

Rowdy all through the meeting with the kids either screaming, fighting, going for a piss, kicking the people in front or picking their noses. The older kids refused to sing, pray, pay attention, answer, smile, talk to anyone who talked to them.

Then we'd rush out the door like a bat out of hell before any 'nice' JW could come along and tell us how they really appreciated the effort we made to get to the meeting.

Then we'd fight in the car park mainly because of the sheer stress of the last two hours, though I would always fight with a smile on my face just in case any one was looking or could lip read!!!!

Then my husband would make the tyres screech as we rushed out of the car park like a bat out of hell, just missing the theocratically waving parking attendant.

Whoops! I think anyone reading this who's a JW is going to recognise me!!!!!

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I was never late to a meeting until I met my husband then we would just sit in the Library and chit chat and make fun of all the talks the whole time. It was really fun!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

CountryWoman:

Never on time?? Wow, you must have been viewed real bad in your part of the world, eh? You couldn't blame it on the trams could you??

Cheers, Ozzie

• Soledad
    Soledad

God how I wished we were late! my mother made it a point to arrive at least 20 minutes early for the meetings, and about 90 minutes for the assemblies. How I hated that! I wished I had a walkman or a good trashy novel on me to kill time, but nooooooo......

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

I would definetely try to come in quietly and sit in the back. No matter how quite I tried to be, heads snapped around to see who dared to be late (mine was one of those heads when I was early!). Invariably, it was noticed by the people I didn't want to notice!!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Ozzie

I am afraid that

You couldn't blame it on the trams could you??

was'nt possible for me: NO TRAMS NOR TRAINS in our surroundings. (Country-Woman remember ?)

But I did have an excuse: The bridge was open.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Normally, if we were running late, we ended up not going. If we couldn't be on time, then there was no point in going at all.

I remember when I was younger and my mother would make phonecalls (and still does) begging to be picked up for the meeting. Normally she would make arrangements the day before or so. Then the kind sister who was driving us wouldn't show up. No phone call or anything. They just didn't show up if they weren't going. Then my mother would phone everyone in her phone book, trying to find someone with room in their car.

This really amazed me, because I really couldn't see the harm in missing one meeting. In fact, it had a nice appeal!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

This really amazed me, because I really couldn't see the harm in missing one meeting. In fact, it had a nice appeal!

Lol.I can relate to that feeling!!On the rare occasions a Meeting was cancelled ...that too was a real treat!

Its laughable to me now that i even bothered for all those Years!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit