Is it personel??

by vitty 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Vittvin, if you'll look in the upper right hand corner of your first post, you'll see how many "hits" or viewers of your topic there've been. That's the best way to find out how much interest has been shown, not necessarily how many actually respond.

I know, as for myself, that many times I read posted topics and don't respond, because I can't think of anything pertinent to say.

And I've killed my share of threads, too

Frannie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Some of the very best posts on the board have only a handful if any responses to them. The more thought provoking the topic is then it seems the fewer responses but the page views soar.

Always check the page views as others have suggested. It is a much better indicator of how good a thread is.

Oh and fluff threads get tons of responses. We need a lot of that in our lives after the constant seriousness of being in the Borg

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yes I take it personally and then I kill someone.

Alternatively I just get a coffee and start another thread or get involved in someone elses conversation, which is usually more interesting anyway. I dont respond to all threads that I read though, even if they are interesting, so even if I havent responded to your threads that doesnt mean I havent enjoyed them, life is a rush sometimes and I dont get time to give a justified response to the question asked so I move on.

BTW Welcome aboard to the newbies

Brummie

• rekless
    rekless

If I want to kill a thread I respond to it. That's the way of this animal.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Candidly, I love they way you carry on a thread with yourself. Shows you really are .... nutz! But, hey, whatever werkz, eh?

When I was Sr. Tech Support and R&D Liason, I used to walk the halls talking and gestering to myself. I'd come to a blank wall and start tracing out the problem tree with my finger. Then I'd walk the halls again talking to myself. Some thought I was a little weird. They're right, I was and am weird, aren't most computer nerds? But the President of the company complimented me on it. It showed I had imagination. He did the same thing when confronted with a problem he was having difficulty working through. So did the head of programming. I was in the right place. No, they didn't have padded walls, but maybe they should have.

And, Yes, I answered my own questions.

Hugs

Brenda

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

PS

I've killed my share of threads, too.

-B

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Looks like it's my turn to be the "thread killer"

• under74
    under74

No Brenda- I siad I was going to kill this thread, and I meant it.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ok Under74, it's all yours!

hugs

Bren

• under74
    under74

Damn you! I had it all quited down with a clear shot to the back of it's head...now I have to start all over...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit