Watchtower has a Philosophy of Totalism

by OnTheWayOut 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Rattigan350, thanks for the thought.  All fakes.

MissFit, I think I would want to know even if my whole family and in-law family left Watchtower how their reinvention of themselves works out. 

Good points Blondie.  They talk two different ways.  But aren't they still "absolute" in expecting members to believe they are right even when the members aren't sure which part is supposed to be right?  (Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to me either when I say it out loud.)

Grreat, the end is coming no matter what, and it's imminent.  That's the point that fits totalism.

• roosttylor
    roosttylor

In the past, people were drawn to Jehovah's Witnesses because they had an answer for everything. Only in the information age and with former JW's managing to get together have those answers been easily shown to be flawed. But many members don't see that yet. To keep them from examining things, the totalism is enforced on the members. You must totally agree with everything- teachings about the past, the present, the future, the lifestyle that should now be the norm

[url=www.pass4sure.co.uk/CompTIA-Security-plus-training.html]pass4sure comptia security+ pdf[/url]

, shunning, thinking that the leaders have members' best interests in mind, EVERYTHING. Or you are not worthy of everlasting life.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Thanks for bumping and quoting, roosttylor. Please feel free to post again with your thoughts.
  • freemindfade
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Having learned about dangerous mind control, none of this surprises me.

But the hardest thing to deal with is the pity that JW loved ones have for us who leave the religion.

"Poor OTWO, he let pride get between him and 'the truth' (God)."
    "OTWO is mentally diseased. He seems normal but we've been told otherwise."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "The reality is that it doesn't matter what they believe or what you believe - all that matters is that you believe WHAT they believe WHEN they tell you to believe it."

Reminds me of that line in Equilibrium, "...it is not the message that is important, it is our obedience to it."

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The quote above from Simon, in Vidiot's post, has long been used by JW's as a virtue, " We are believing what Jehovah wants us to believe at the time".

Just how silly that view is, never occurs to them, they will claim their god "cannot lie", yet He feeds them what is not true, i.e a Lie ?

This was a problem I posed to my father at the tender age of eleven, his answer sort of satisfied me at the time, and for years afterward, I forget his exact words, but they were along the lines of "imperfect men....blah blah", which at that age I did not shred to pieces as I would today.

The constant changes in teaching should be an embarrassment to them, but they are presented as a virtue !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit