Those poor old Packers!

by onacruse 25 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

THAT WAS AWFUL ! I didn't even watch the last quarter of it. I don't know why Brett didn't just go up at the beginning and hand them the ball each time instead of expending all that energy throwing it to them etc.

• jws
    jws

I know I used to live in Milwaukee, but I've always been a Bears fan and HATE the Packers. I LOVED last night's game. I was telling my wife this morning that I think it's the best Packer game I've ever watched! I'm glad it was a nationally televised game so that I could see it. Watching them lose big was fun. Watching the Lambeau mystique vaporizing was awesome! They had the most points scored against them EVER at Lambeau. That's some 50 years! Never, even during the 80's when they sucked so bad did they have 48 points scored against them. (47 in '83). Not to mention 3 home losses in a row and 4 losses in a row (home and away). They haven't lost 4 in a row since Sep 22 - Oct 17 1991. They finished that season 4-12.

The road doesn't get any easier either. Next week they face Detroit who has won 9 of their last 14 when they play in Detroit. Favre tends to have bad games on turf and Detroit is doing better than expected. They could be 1 and 5 next week. After that is the Cowboys who they tend to lose to. But, they did beat them last time they played in Lambeau back in 97 (45-17). I don't think Parcells will be as easy to beat though.

But I do have some sympathy for Favre who lost a brother-in-law this week. I'm sure it was weighing on his mind.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I heard they really got beat.. my cable is down right now so I am missing everything..

including a VIKINGS WIN on Sunday

• harleyquinn
    harleyquinn

ha! the vikings won on sunday, and the packers got *beat* last night...life is good!!!

hee hee

• rocketman
    rocketman

Every now and then a turning point in a team's fortunes can be seen - for example, the Music City Miracle in January 2000 which propelled the Titans to the AFC title while sending the Bills into a tailspin from which they still haven't recovered. The Bills fired their special teams coach in an act that singled him out for blame, and haven't been heard from ever since. To top that off, they adopted absolutely garish uniforms.

Last season's debacle in Philadelphia may prove to be Green Bay's long-term undoing. They fired their defense coordinator after the infamous 4th and 26 giveaway to the Eagles, and have been reeling ever since. Ahman Green can't seem to hold onto the ball, they had a malcontent in Mike McKenzie, and Lambeau has lost its intimidating lustre. We may be looking at the decline of the Farve-era Packers. Let's just hope they keep the uniform.

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

I'm AWARE, thanks Ona. I work in a department with lots of men around. Nothing but swearing and pouting going on the day after a game. I love the Pack, always will....but when they drive up the use of the Employee Assistance Program (a free counciling service at work) by 75%, we have a major problem on our hands.

Please God, let the defense get it figured out, please.....

~Snap, right in the heart of Green Bay fever country

• Badger
    Badger

Sassy:

I was at the Vike-Texanns game...I'll post pics later.

If you want to know how to make 61,000 Houstonians turn on you, just yell "Nashville Oilers" and see what they say.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    Watching the Lambeau mystique vaporizing was awesome! They had the most points scored against them EVER at Lambeau. That's some 50 years!

Wow 50 years? That is 50+ bears games. BEARS SUCKI.

@#$^#$!@^@#$^#@$!^ Hang the Defense! Kill them ALL!

• searcher
    searcher

I bought a new jacket too

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

OMG Searcher !! THAT is so cool !! Did you just get that? Looks good on ya !!!

Now you have to go to some castle nearby and take a picture of yourself with that on to go with the picture of you in front of Lambeau Field !!

XW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit