Still have question....Please help.

by kwintestal 20 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

After a year of inactivity, research and soul searching, I still have one lingering question to the posters out there. What are alternate uses of WT books? I currently use 4 bound volumes to hold up a couch with a broken leg, we're getting a new couch, so there's 4 back into circulation. I don't have a gun, so skeet shoot is out of the question, and I don't have a fire place. What have you done with your books once you left?

Kwin

P.S. My sagging shelving unit thanks you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

e-bay!

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

The WT's and Awakes!, I recycled them......The other books, I gave to charity (Goodwill, etc.) along with my bookbag and all my meeting clothes and "service" shoes. I will confess to having a small, orderly bonfire with some friends, using some of the publications.

Bethany

• Special K
    Special K

I gradually filtered mine slowly to the garbage dump and it went into their big incinerator..

,,,poof soot gone!

Special K

Mulan, said she made some bucks by selling some on e-bay , I think.

SK

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

e-Bay....good will...

Do I really want to inflict others with this curse?

Kwin

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

Just don't try to count them as placements, 'cause how are you going to do return visits?

(Sorry, that was bad. My sinus headache is making me loopy)

Bethany

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Don't you know!? Everytime you destoy a publication, a JW goes apostate! Or is it when you don't believe in fairy tales a...

Oh well, same thing.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hot tip: Soak them to a pulp, when turned to mash you can mould a carven image out of them and worship it in your spare time.

I am shoOOoo creative at times.

Brummie

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

Kwin,

Just so you don't think we're nuts for suggesting e-bay:

http://search.ebay.com/Watchtower_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

I guess it would be a good way to get research materials......

• shera
    shera

Well,I held on to mine for yrs,just in july when I moved,I wasn't bringing them here,so I threw them out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit