Arrangement to Accelerate Building Kingdom Halls

by Socrateswannabe 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Wannabefree: The biggest growth in the US , well I guess the ONLY growth, is in spanish speaking areas. Those are 3 of your biggest ones right there.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing that anyone can see is that the WTS. is focusing on real-estate selling and renovation, in reflection of all of what the WTS has done in its selling off of its owned properties in Brooklyn New York, its many branches located around in the world.  etc.

In the realization of the profits attained by these transactions, it has become somewhat of an appealing concern for the WTS's financial sustainability. The Organization once made its financial balance by selling its own literature and by donation. Printing costs have sky rocketed making it difficult to keep the operation of the organization fluent.

This is another reason why the WTS has pushed aggressively toward digital on line distribution.  Not only is it advantageous to remodel and sell Kingdom Halls at a up scale profit but the organization can take advantage of the lower cost of doing so by the volunteered labor offered by its own members.   

• millie210
    millie210

L.A., Miami and Dallas.

Are these areas with a high Spanish population?

That might account for the "growth".

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Small, medium and large.  Hmm...

Step One: Build medium/large facility

Step Two:  Consolidate congregations currently meeting in separate buildings to single more glamorous facility.  Maybe even large enough for multiple congregations to have separate meetings simultaneously in the same facility

Step Three: Sell smaller buildings

Step Three:   Make the rooms modifiable (like hotel meeting/convention rooms) so that the assemblies can be held in new facility

Step Four: Sell existing assembly halls

Step Five: Sell adherents on the increasing size of the organization even though growth has been stagnant.

Repeat

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Clearly this is just a smoke screen, to sell all the old halls and build new.  Wash, rinse, dry and repeat.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Get your asses in gear, brothers!

We got real estate to flip, so that we won't have to pay out child abuse penalties from our nest eggs!"

• sir82
    sir82

It actually looks like a modern free-standing dentist's office.

There's what I was missing.

Obviously the plan is to build these things, use them for a few years, then sell (when "outdated" or "when growth demands it") and buy new land & build another, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

But I couldn't figure out who they would sell these buildings to.

But of course that is it - these are perfect buildings for "professional services" - medical, dental, eye care...heck, even nail salons, hair stylists, tanning centers, etc.could use a space like this.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Did they show designs for double Kingdom halls?

Our building was designed to contain two halls. We currently have four congo. *5 if you count the sign language one*Using the same building.

2 for each hall.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

When they start flipping all these kingdom halls is when the shit hits the fan. Only the most brain dead corporation lackeys will be loyal at that time as more and more kingdom halls get sold and people get shuffled around and have to travel farther and farther to fellowship the more meeting attendance will drop and the more donation will dry up.

Yeah these CEOs know what they are doing alright they are driving Jehovah chariotlike organization into oblivion and jehovah gonna get pissed when he gets the estimate for the repair of his priceless earthly driving machine.  

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

@ MissFit: Did they show designs for double Kingdom halls?

No. Double Halls were not mentioned, just the three sizes of a single design. They did mention somewhere in the discussion that the average size would be 4600 SF, but I don't know how that compares to existing Hall size. I thought it was strange that they didn't mention double Halls.

@ Sir82: I agree. These new Halls will be much more marketable than the existing ones. Makes you wonder if most of the existing Halls will be teardowns by developers. I can't see much use for them as they currently exist. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit