Display of National Flags in Kingdom Halls in Chile: WTS' Response

by BluesBrother 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Remember this and other threads a few months back, on the subject that some Kingdom Halls in Chile acquiesced to Govt rules that every building should display the National Flag on the day of celebration?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/262505/kingdom-hall-chile-has-national-flag?size=20&page=1

Many of us here and around the net, calling on our dub experiences cried "Never would that happen! - it goes against every principle of neutrality and 'no-part-of-the-world' that they hold dear.

Somebody over on J W Talk seemed to feel the same surprise about it  & so wrote up for their comments He has posted over there this letter that he got in reply :

It seems that anything goes these days ????

• sir82
    sir82
    Translation: "We might lose our tax-exempt status and/or real estate in Chile if we rocked the boat too much, so we just cave in and blame it on the 'collective consciences' of the elders."
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Is that size better?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Why couldn't they have had the same stance with the political cards in Malawi? Why were sisters raped and people killed due to this. How senseless. 

It's amazing how things are changed (new light BS) when it fits THEIR agenda. Hypocrites!!!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good point, ToesUp.

It seems to be one rule for the WTS and another for the rank-and-file.  

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Why couldn't they have had the same stance with the political cards in Malawi? Why were sisters raped and people killed due to this. How senseless. 

It's amazing how things are changed (new light BS) when it fits THEIR agenda. Hypocrites!!!

Yes, it's absolutely disgusting.  There was no ceremony involved in the purchase of a political card, neither did they actually have to vote or take part in any political activity, but it was important that they do as they're told and not exercise their conscience in that case.  Similarly, when faced with loss of life due to blood loss, there's no room for conscience these days.  It's amazing how this divinely appointed organization flawlessly gives the appearance that they're just making it up as they go along.

• galaxie
    galaxie

That letter of  'explanation ' represents no more than twisted words to protect the wtb&ts buck !!

Being ' no part of the world ' by most reasonable thinking must include not flying/displaying the national symbol of the countries of satans wicked worldly system.

HYPOCRITS !!!!!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Wow. 

So does this mean I can put an american flag up on my house somewhere? Let's see how fast the elders come knocking on my door if I did that.

It's so bizarre. How many talks have we heard from the GB that tell us how JW's don't back down or kowtow to the authorities. They want JWs to think they're all HAM when it comes to that stuff. Now it's 'welllll you're not realllllly violating christian neutrality'

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Barrold, I had the exact same thought after reading that letter.

... and in the video they made recreating the announcement of the JW name at a convention, why did they not include the flags as in the actual account?

• Splash
    Splash

So now it's OK to fly a national flag on a day of national pride, so long as you, personally, don't worship it.
    It obviously doesn't matter that everyone seeing it will attach a patriotic meaning to it, so long as you, in your mind, do not.

Hmm, where else might this principle be used?

"Well YOU may think I committed fornication with Sister Pioneer, but in my mind it was no such thing".
    "Celebrating Christmas? Of course not, not in my mind at least."

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit