muslim coworker faces off with my pakistan peer

by the mole 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• glitter
    glitter

well the indian's i know arent troubled by it

Being Indian, and all... you do know it's a different country, right?

The correct word from somebody who comes from Pakistan is Pakistani.

Some ignorant people still say "coloured" or "half-caste" these words just jar so much in modern tolerant society but used to be commonplace.

Come and call somebody a Paki in Bradford and see how far you get.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

do any of you know what the word 'paki' or 'pak' means?? it means pure. strange racist word isnt it, pure? thats why some pakistanis are trying to take the word back and use it in a positive way. see, this article for example http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1155258,00.html and so they should. why allow racists to dictate what people can say or can't. i wouldnt say the word paki to a pakistani unless i knew he/she was comfortable with it and used it themselves, because i'm not the type of person to deeply offend someone, but you miss the point in what i'm trying to say. it's all about INTENT. so there's no need to go off on one when when it's known someone's intent like mole's wasnt malicious.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I chimed in and told her it disgusted me that muslims in the U.S cheered at those deaths in the streets of New York. She said, "it was for revenge for those of us that are oppressed". She walked away and my [removed] friend said she hated all muslims and her religion forbids to socialize with such people.

So where does it all end? When one side obliterates the other?

So much hatred in her... it will eat at her forever until she can just let it go.

• logical
    logical
    Come and call somebody a Paki in Bradford and see how far you get.

Yep.... Paki in UK is equivalent to the n-bomb.

So where does it all end? When one side obliterates the other?

Yep... thats the way its planned. Religion is pure evil.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

The Guardian says its ok ..so thats ok then...give me strength,so many ignorant Idiots out there..

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    The Guardian says its ok ..so thats ok then...give me strength,so many ignorant Idiots out there..

go back to bed.

• the mole
    the mole

hi...are you ok fleaman? this info is great for me..it shows that here in california we really dont speak english..more or less might as well call it speaking american or californian... when i watch pbs tv the humor and connotations are so diffrent i really dont understand, i think this to be true for all of us on the west coast..we dont have a large eastern indian group here..mostly latin, asian, white..the black population is mostly in L.A and now migrating to the north...Eastern peoples are mostly east coast so this is why i ask my paki coworker alot of questions..she is from Boston..so educate me U.K people..

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

Mole, omg!! u said that word again! you'll be hung, drawn and quartered soon.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Mole.

I imagine it must be differant there,but words do have differant conotations in the Uk.Without wishing to get into a drawn out debate with other English People on this Board,take it from me when a Friend of mine had Dog crap put through his door with the words "go home Paki "on the bag it was truly offensive to him and me!

Maybe im guilty of Political correctness but im happy with that!Hope thats answered your query a bit?

regards Fleaman uk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit