My picketing adventures

by Junction-Guy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well some of you here have already read about them at another board, but for you others I thought I would give you a little update on what I have been doing. The last 2 weekends I have started picketing 2 different kingdom halls here locally, this is the first time that I have ever done this, but I figure with all the years of penned up frustrations, that this was something I need to do.

I have really enjoyed doing this and the amount of support I have received from the public is phenomenal. I have a sign given to me by undaunted Danny that says "jehovah witness destructive cult, thousands of dead kids from their bogus medical dogma" and at the bottom of the sign there are 2 bumperstickers that say "stop wathctower abuse" and also the web addresses to freeminds and silentlambs. Alot of the public passing by have honked their horns, given me the thumbs up, and waved to me, I never expected all of this, I just figured most people were ignorant to the watchtower society's beliefs and practices.

I stand right across from the kingdom hall, and all of the JW's on their way to the meetings are noticing me. I dont harass the people, yell at them, cuss, or confront them, I just simply let the sign speak for itself. Most of the JW's give me that typical jw look "poor pitiful you, you will be destroyed at armageddon" a couple of the women gave me the evil eye. One couple in their early 60's I imagine stopped at the stop sign and the woman rolled down her window and yelled "liar" I told her that im not a liar and that im a former JW myself and that my Dad is an Elder. she just kept yelling "liar liar". I believe her husband was embarassed for her and told her to just ignore me and dont get something started.

I have had several people pull over and ask what I was doing, they were really supportive. One guy in particular talked with me about 15 minutes beside the road, and just from talking with him I realized that he was the type of person that JW's seek out, those who are questioning religion, I believe that if he hadnt spoken with me, he might have eventually ended up a JW himself or at the very least, visited a kingdom hall. By the time he left, I doubt he will ever set foot into a kingdom hall. I gave him several helpful hints to deal with JW's when they come to his door. I enjoyed talking with him and he seemed like such a nice guy.

Well in closing here i would like to say that picketing for me has provided a safe outlet for my frustrations and at the same time I feel like Im doing a community service. i hope you all have enjoyed reading this, and I look forward to reading your comments.

Dave

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Excellent job Dave.

Devon

• roybatty
    roybatty

Good job and very classy.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Good to go Bravo Junction guy.I was shocked when i started picketing how much pent up anger the general population has for pesky annoying "in their face" JW's.

I got the same response they were cheering me big time!I stopped my 'picket duty' at post 9-11 disaster as nobody wanted to here ANYTHING bitter or sweet about it.

I was up for just two days and I was front page in the local paper.May 2001.Posted at my site too.

They tried to stop me by sending in an out of state 'hit man' to harass me.That's when i started bring the camcorder along to document evidence.I also got the f**kers lic plate and filed a complaint in district court and told the sitting Judge all about it{My 'apostate witness]

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Now THAT'S what I call a "public service", Junction guy....you should change your handle to "Cajones Guy"...heheheh

Frannie B

• seven006
    seven006

Dave,

I hope you don't mind but I broke up your story into readable paragraphs. It's a good story but it was making my eyes go cross trying to read it.

Dave

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thank you all, and yes seven006 I do have a tendency to run in all my paragraphs together, sorry about that.

And a big Thank You to Undaunted Danny for sending me those signs, at the rate im going they will probably be wore out by the end of the year

Dave

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

well done dave. good for you, and those that took note!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

JG ...

I'm impressed! Well done!!!

I'm thrilled to hear about the great public response you are getting. What an education!

ESTEE

• bem
    bem

(((Junction-Guy))) Glad to see your post...Your strong...And good for you take care... Dorothy. Sending you positive thoughts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit