Daily Breaking JW News Alerts from the www.

by Undaunted Danny 80 Replies latest social current

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Sloan: Balance demands both
    Dallas Baptist Standard, TX - 21 minutes ago
    ... There are many interpretations of Scripture you must reject.". To illustrate, Sloan cited cult leader David Koresh and also the Jehovah's Witnesses. ...

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

FSU COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
    Orlando Sentinel (subscription), FL - 1 hour ago
    ... health facility. He had attended the Orange City Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, where Negron and her sons were active members. ... DAYTONA BEACH -- A 28-year-old man with a history of mental illness was sentenced today to five life sentences after pleading guilty to murdering an Orange City woman and her two sons.

Javier Carrasquillo, a native of Puerto Rico, quietly apologized in court after being sentenced to life in prison for slaying the three family members who had befriended him through a local Jehovah's Witness church.
    According to court records, Carrasquillo had confessed to killing 63-year-old Carmen Negron, 28-year-old Gilberto Vergara-Negron, and 26-year-old Yamir Vergara-Negron on Nov. 30, 2003, at the family's Orange City home.

At the time, Carrasquillo was living at a Sanford mental health facility. He had attended the Orange City Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, where Negron and her sons were active members.
    He was indicted on three counts of first-degree murder, one count of armed robbery and one count of armed burglary of a dwelling. As part of the plea agreement, the State Attorney's Office agreed to not pursue the death penalty. Circuit Judge William A. Parsons sentenced Carrasquillo to five consecutive life sentences, for each of the felonies in the original indictment.

During today's court hearing, Carrasquillo told the judge that he has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and that he is taking medication for his mental illness. Parsons accepted the plea after questioning Carrasquillo and finding that under the medication, Carrasquillo was capable of making such a decision.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Noose 5 life terms
    Daytona Beach News-Journal, FL - 2 hours ago
    ... The victims were discovered in their Orange City home last December when a member of their Jehovah's Witnesses congregation went to the home for a Bible study. ... .......DAYTONA BEACH -- The man who once proclaimed to be the Antichrist when he confessed to killing a family of three.... Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs and who are they? http://www.news-journalonline.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=93314 Click and go

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    Bryan Wilson
    Telegraph.co.uk, UK - 1 hour ago
    ... in Wilson's later work, as well as in his special studies of the legal controversies in which the Exclusive Brethren and Jehovah's Witnesses were embroiled ...
  • Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Reviews Of My Jehovah's Witnesses Book
    Useless-Knowledge.com - 1 hour ago
    ... The format is easy to read and deals with the question of why Jehovah's Witnesses remain loyal to the Watchtower Society in the face of volumes of ...

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Father faces off against Jehovah's Witnesses
    CFCN, Canada - 16 minutes ago
    Lawrence Hughes has filed a lawsuit claiming that Jehovah Witnesses members influenced his daughter to turn down potentially life-saving blood transfusions. ...

print this story

E-mail this story

Father faces off against Jehovah's Witnesses

CFCN.ca

POSTED AT 5:16 PM Tuesday, October 19

The father of a teen who died after refusing a blood transfusion was back in a Calgary court Tuesday.

Lawrence Hughes has filed a lawsuit claiming that Jehovah Witnesses members influenced his daughter to turn down potentially life-saving blood transfusions.

Hughes' ex-wife is a member of the religion.

The Jehovah's Witnesses want the judge to dismiss the suit.

Lawyers for the group also want to have Hughes removed as administrator of his daughter's estate.

Tuesday, a judge ruled the two cases should be heard at once.

Hughes has faced twenty-six court actions with the Jehovah's Witnesses since his daughter died in 2002.

He says that despite being overwhelmed by court costs, he will continue to fight.

"I have two daughters that I don't want to die because of this religion," said Hughes.

Both sides will be back in court later this week to set a date for further hearings.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

New playing fields may be added in Kent
    The Journal News.com, NY - 1 hour ago
    ... In 1998, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, also known as Jehovah's Witnesses, proposed a 90,000-square-foot meeting hall on the site. ...

KENT ? A slice of woods on Route 52 could harbor three playing fields under a deal being worked out between the town and New York City, the property's owner.

The city's Department of Environmental Protection bought the 64-acre tract , formerly expected to become a Jehovah's Witness worship facility, in 2003 . Now, an agreement between the two municipalities would allow Kent to rent 12.5 acres for $25 a year. The agreement, which only would be canceled under extreme circumstances, would enable Kent to construct much-needed recreational fields for its residents. With the surging popularity of children's and adults' sports leagues, resident Francis Brunelle said, it makes sense for Kent to make use of an opportunity to find more playing room. He said his three children participated in many Kent recreation programs..... Seesaw

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

In 1998, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, also known as Jehovah's Witnesses, proposed a 90,000-square-foot meeting hall on the site. The $7 million facility included 670 parking spaces. The meeting hall was expected to draw about 2,000 people on weekends. The religious society eventually withdrew its plans and sold the property in January 2003 to the city for $950,755.60, according to county property records.

It sounds like the city got a good deal on this property.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    Wiccans halt Halloween for school kids
    KING5.com (subscription), WA - 12 hours ago
    ... I won't be able to have my kids wear green. Or their birthday and they can't bring cupcakes because of Jehovah's Witnesses," said Katie McCoy, parent. ...

Wiccans halt Halloween for school kids

05:21 PM PDT on Thursday, October 21, 2004

By ERIC WILKINSON / KING 5 News

PUYALLUP, Wash. - Six-year-old Molly Macon was looking forward to wearing her cheerleader costume and celebrating Halloween with her schoolmates, until her mom got this letter saying there would be "no observance" of Halloween at Puyallup schools.

"I just think it's wrong and that it's not fair to the children," said said her mother.

KING

The school district says it got calls from witches - yes, actual witches - complaining about the continuation of ugly stereotypes.

"That witches are portrayed with pointy noses and flying on broomsticks," said Karen Hansen, Puyallup School District.

The district says it is just trying to be sensitive to individual religious beliefs, whether you're a practicing catholic or practicing witchcraft.

Parents say this is the scariest example of political correctness they've ever seen.

"Next it's gonna be my birthday, which is St. Patrick's Day. I won't be able to have my kids wear green. Or their birthday and they can't bring cupcakes because of Jehovah's Witnesses," said Katie McCoy, parent.

She has a point. If witches are offended by witches, who's next? Geeks? Hippies? Republicans?

Juliet Sykes, a practicing witch, or Wiccan as they're properly called, says those who complain about Halloween should have a witches brew and relax.

"I don't take offense to costumes, because that's not what I am, it's not what I about. Do I look like this? This is my little witch that I put out," said Sykes. "It's not what the Wiccan religion is about."

Puyallup school officials say the decision to cancel Halloween celebrations is a permanent one and students who wear costumes to school will be asked to take them off or leave.

School officials add Wiccans weren't the only ones who complained about Halloween. Some Christian groups complained about the glamorization of the occult.

[ Danny's edit: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/78947/2.ashx

The Slow motion serial killers Watchtower Ghouls for God. Grim Reaper Trick or Treat Jack O' Lantern
  • Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Comedian
    Entertainment Weekly
    Entertainment Weekly (subscription), United States - 1 hour ago
    ... there are elementary-school children all over this country who could make more money than that by selling Christmas cards to Jehovah's Witnesses in February ...
    [......When the fur cleared, Jen M. and her bunch had made a whopping $300 or so to Wes Etc.'s $100. Ignoring for a moment that there are elementary-school children all over this country who could make more money than that by selling Christmas cards to Jehovah's Witnesses in February , the minute the results were announced, my friend Al and I screamed out, ''Stacy!!!!'' I mean, this ......]

For all the proselytizing they do,hardly anybody knows even their basic dogmas except things like they don't do the holidays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit