Dubs who shun those not DFed/DAed who fade

by gumby 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

FHN: Hate you? How can they live with themselves........"judge ye not" Do they never read the bible......

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FHN: Hate you? How can they live with themselves........"judge ye not" Do they never read the bible......

Yes, they hate me. I really honestly think that deep down they know JWs don't have the truth. They aren't young or in good health and the pace is literally killing them. My sister has to work now, too. She cares for a diabetic, bipolar disabled husband and keeps up that grueling schedule. I believe that they wish, on some level, that they could have it "easy" like me. I think the hatred is really jealousy under a different guise: at least in their case I think it is.

I guess most all JWs are good at skimming really fast over the part of the Bible that says you shouldn't judge or you will be judged.

Thank you for your empathy, Shelia. I appreciate it so much.

Flyin'

• minimus
    minimus

One Watchtower will state we should be kind to those we haven't seen and welcome them back. Meanwhile, the elders, CO and assemblies will say just the opposite. Have little contact with any that are Witnesses yet are not strong. Monitor the weak and stay away from unhealthy influences. If someone questions the faith, keep an eye on them. If you know someone is not for the "truth", you should stay away from them as associates. Perhaps if they are shunned, they will "miss the sweet fellowship of the brothers".

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Yes, they shun us.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Hubby and I are faders............yet we are shunned by most, even my closest friend who knew all about our situation. So many dubs are aware of the fact that my kid was abused yet they shun us. It's almost as if they are freaked out and find it too hard to know how to talk to us.

How's this for double standards.........when I was df'ed by a corrupt jc, a sister who was a good 'friend' of mine and knew about the crap that went on, would shun me 100% at the shops or in the mall yet associated with her son who was a dub and living with a girlfriend in another city!

The inconsistencies in the borg and by individuals drove me insane.........OMG!

Bliss

• ohiobigboy
    ohiobigboy

I was a lifer and in the same cong. while growing up and when I decided to stop going to meetings not one elder came to see why. There were only 2 people who would very rarely ask my mom how I was doing. I went to a very gossipy KH so there were probably many rumors going around about me since I had been there all my life. Did I care? HELL NO! Over the past 20 years since I have been to a meeting I've seen people I knew then who I was really close to and when they see me out in public they do an about face and walk the other way. It just makes me laugh and happy that they didn't speek to me!

• gumby
    gumby

Ohioboy,

It just makes me laugh and happy that they didn't speek to me!

I feel different. I get angry when ones shun me. I understand, keep my mouth shut, yet am angry at the stupidity of it all. It's a more like "wagging your head back and forth in disgust" type of way.

For there being certain no written "LAW on not speaking to faders.......the dubs seem to make their OWN law without the "Slaves" direction.

All hail the Apostates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit